[Recommendation] Veil/Peel/Tozo

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by --RAVIII, Feb 19, 2017.

1. --RAVIII, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017

--RAVIII macrumors newbie

Anyone have any experience with these cases, or any thin/minimalist type cases? I am not looking for drop protection, just looking to avoid unnecessary scratches.

I curious about:
    Full coverage (bottom covered) vs exposed bottom.
    Does the original Apple charger & headphone fit properly or should I opt for an open bottom case?

Grip
    Any of them offer a better grip?

Scratches/Smudges
    Do you notice any scratches or smudges on the case?

Thanks for any feedback.

2. Dave Meadows macrumors 68020

Dave Meadows

I've tried most of these but have just discovered "totallee". Very minimal, great grip and looks great. Here's my iphone 7 plus matte black with their Jett black case.

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

All three of the cases you mention are the thinnest you can get for the iPhone. They are so thin that even cases with full coverage have no issues with Apple or third party charging cables or docks.

In terms of grip, the new Veil XT has been updated to include a much more textured surface giving it much improved grip over even the original version. Scratches and smudges aren't really an issue with most of these cases. The new Veil's textured back repels fingerprints nicely. However it also should be noted that scratches can affect the surface if you are overly rough with the surfaces you place it on but in normal everyday situations you should be fine.

I haven't got around to writing a review for the new Veil XT case yet but here's a couple of snap shots.

Attached Files:

4. --RAVIII thread starter macrumors newbie

Nice! Thanks for the reply, I really like the Veil XT, its the one I considering, the only thing holding me back is their damn logo, if that wasn't there, I would have already placed an order, thats why I am considering the Peel.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 19, 2017 ---
    Thanks for the reply, that is a very clean look, but I'm looking more for a matte finish. Which cases have you tried? Of the other cases, which would you recommend? My biggest concerns are, will full coverage work with apple charger & headphones, design (would prefer no logo of any sort), are scratches/smudges noticeable.

5. Dave Meadows macrumors 68020

Dave Meadows

This totalee is thinner than the Caudabe. I'm in the UK but they're a US company.

iPhone 7 Case - Vinco Life : Raw 7 Series | The World's Thinnest and Lightest Matte iPhone 7 Case / Cover with Camera Bumper Protection, Precise Cut-outs & 1 Year Warranty (iPhone 7, Asphalt Black) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01NAI2DOP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_xcFQybP6SH5FG