Recommendations for a new phone

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by thejedipunk, May 23, 2007.

1. thejedipunk macrumors regular

thejedipunk

My little MOTO V3 RAZR (what a trooper!) has come down with several dead pixels. It has me concerned that they will continue to arise. While I can still see much of the screen just fine, I'm hoping that the pixels don't continue (well I secretly hope they do. Just an excuse for a new phone, amirite?).

The iPhone, while a neat little gadget, is way out of my price league. Furthermore, 8 gigs is not enough for my musical needs.

I just saw that the Blackjack is $75, but Windows sucks, right? Also, should it matter that I'm on a family plan in regards to data plans and such? While some of you might say that it's pointless to have such a phone without the email part, I don't need it because I usually have my laptop with me at school. I'd mostly be using it to keep myself organized and maybe to open the occasional Word app (especially during finals). Also anyway to con AT&Tingular into giving me that phone for that for that price, or even something like the Pearl? Does the Blackjack even sync with a Mac?

2. djbahdow01 macrumors 6502a

Blackjack and other Smartphones, Pocket PC's, Windows mobile phones will sync with a Mac but you need to get a 3rd party app to do it. Something like Missing Sync or another I think. Just remember when upgrading a phone on a family plan you need to sign a 2 year deal, and possibly upgrade everyone elses phone since Cingular is now AT&T. Depending on how it works it might not be worth it.

Also the Blackjack is $75 after $100 rebate in which you have to get the Cing/AT&T PDA Connect plan which is $39.99 a month. So in turne they are making up for that rebate by charging you way over price for media net.