Recommendations for a nice clear case

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by i-Want-Apples, Mar 2, 2009.

1. i-Want-Apples macrumors regular

I'm trying to get things in order before I get my iPod touch this time around. One of the reasons I didn't get another one after my last one had problems is because I couldn't find any good cases at the time and I wanted to be able to protect it if I was going to have one.

I love the look of the cases from SwitchEasy, but at the same time I think that the iPod itself looks so good that I'm not sure I really want to cover it up with a case like that. I already have a BodyGuard that I plan to put on from my last iPod Touch, but I really don't think that is enough protection and I want something that will make me feel a little more comfortable if I want to throw it in my pocket and go. So does anyone have suggestions on a good clear case? Everything I seem to be finding has terrible reviews.

Also, I've not actually made the purchase yet, so I'm also trying to decide where a good place is to get the iPod Touch from. Anyone have any recommendations on a good place to get it from? I'm thinking about maybe getting it from Amazon, but I wasn't sure how go they are if there is a problem, i.e. exchanging for a dead pixel and things. And, if I wouldn't get it directly from Apple, but it is new, I can still use AppleCare for any problems, correct? Does AppleCare replace iPods with deadpixels? When products are replaced, are they knew or refurbished? And finally, can you get the extended AppleCare protection when you don't buy directly from Apple?

Thanks so much!!!

2. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

I use the XtremeMac clear plastic case for my iPod Touch. It's not the best, but it's definitely better than nothing at all

3. i-Want-Apples thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the suggestion. That looks like it would be what I'm looking for. Have you had any problems with it? Most of the cases I find it seems like people have complaints they are really hard to get on or off, scratch the iPod etc. Also, is the fit really snug? Even though the BodyGuard doesn't seem very thick to me, I have read that some people couldn't put cases over the protector.

I've been looking around online and found these two case:
    http://www.dlo.com/Products/vshell_touch2g_Prod.tpl?command=showpage&cart=12360193451062937
    http://www.dlo.com/Products/softshell_touch2g_Prod.tpl?command=showpage&cart=12360193451062937

I really like the idea of having a built in stand on the clear case and I like the look of the Softshell case. I'm just not sure if the Softshell case is going to have a tacky type feel to it. I had a silicone case for a phone once that was kind of tacky and I basically put it on and took it off because as soon as I opened it up, everything was collecting on it and I couldn't stand it. If anyone has either of these products I'd love opinions!

Thanks!