Recommendations for a notebook lock?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by matasar, Feb 6, 2009.

1. matasar macrumors newbie

I'll be using my beautiful new macbook as a second computer in my office -- which means I'll be leaving it unattended from time to time.

The kensington locks on the apple.com site all say "not compatible with alu mbp" -- are there any locks that are (and are recommendable)?

Thanks in advance for advice & insight.

2. mbpnewbie macrumors regular

Most laptop locks can easily be defeated. Take it with you when you leave. Or lock it in your desk.

3. matasar thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm in a relatively secure area, and work at a cancer hospital (the karma from stealing from me, can you imagine?) -- there's other nice enough stuff in my office that isn't bolted down and hasn't walked, but I'd just like an extra bit of comfort (and discouragement for others). I just want to make sure that the item I get will fit the laptop and won't damage it, keep it from sitting flatly, etc.

4. lippymajor macrumors newbie

I recently contacted Kensington about their locks and this was their reply:

"We would like to inform you that all our Kensington locks are compatible with Mac Book Pro. We recommend you to go a head and buy a Kensington lock."

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Just get the Kensington MicroSaver DS. The only one you can't open with a piece of paper.

It's so nice I have 6 of 'em. :D

6. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

With a piece of paper? :eek: How you do that?