Recommendations for a photographic portfolio app for the iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Chip NoVaMac, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Have tons of images that I work like to showcase on the iPad without needing Filckr or Piccassa... Have seen some in the App Store... but they seem young and in need of much work it seems...

2. bomsom macrumors member

3. Chip NoVaMac thread starter macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Looking for something more polished...

Something like Foliobook app - but with more galleries possible.

4. Ryan Britton macrumors newbie

Give Portfolio a try? It can have as many galleries as you have space available on your iPad.

5. Chip NoVaMac thread starter macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Like the looks of it so far... just wish there was a try and buy program for Apps this expensive....

6. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

+1

At the $5 price point and up, I'm extremely hesitant to just buy--even if an app looks promising enough to fill a need. The $14.99 price in this app would make it the second most expensive I own on an iDevice--the most expensive is Navigon, which at least has thousands of reviews to look into before buying. I wish devs would consider a limited free version (for example, be able to create just two portfolios, or ad supported) when they're going to charge prices beyond the average. I very frequently will go ahead and buy apps above that self imposed limit once I've tried a program out, but it's pretty rare that I'll just give something a shot that has only a few reviews, a higher than the norm price tag, and no trial version.

I need this, but I don't need it badly enough to take a risk on something that might be buggy, flawed, or simply not fit my needs.