Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lasloduncan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
my intention will be to buy a used iphone from swappa etc have it rehabbed new battery, tested, etc at my local shop ..just dont know which model year would be a likely replacment for my iphone 6s + I need the large screen size also, I am told the iphone 6s + is going to be awarded the apple vintage no support thropy soon. so want to have time to make a wise selction.thank you .

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
Depends on your budget.

Maybe an iPhone XS Max or 11 Pro Max. I'd personally go with a power seller on eBay with a good reputation and real photos. Then looks for one advertised with 100% battery. So you won't have to water money on any refurbishment or battery replacement.

Not sure if it's good decorum to plug a specific eBay seller. But I keep using thegizmotrader on eBay for phones. Been going back to that sellers for years now. They aren't the cheapest but I haven't been unhappy with a purchase as they provide detailed photos and specifically mention when a battery is in perfect health.

mk313

macrumors 68000
Feb 6, 2012
What carrier are you on? If it's T Mobile in the US, I'd recommend an 8+ (I think they made a + model that year). I had a 7 and an 8 and the 8 added band 66 which filled in a lot holes in their coverage. fOr Cours later models added in band 71, and that gives even better coverage, but the 8 was good enough for me.

I'd recommend that you check your carriers bands and see if any of the more recent phones added those bands. If so, it will likely make a big difference in your usage.

lasloduncan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
Thank you , I have been with st for years....many...I bought and iphone 6s+ off of swappa had a kid at the phone store do that and set it up..turned out I had to send it to apple for a rehab new battery etc quite a bit money I suppose but it has been flawless for 5 or 6 years.....big screen for my old eyes so all good.and I am prepared to do the same with another version...as you say xs max or 11 pro max...when the time comes....next 6 months or so yeah on straight talk all good for me with carlos--thank you both....yah never sure about used electronics from any where..but will look. thnx again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.