Recommendations for all-purpose skin

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iluvifone, Jul 10, 2010.

1. iluvifone macrumors 6502

So i'll be getting an i4 soon, and i'm dreading all the cases/bumpers/etc i've seen so far. I'd rather keep it as plain as possible, but since there's the 'death grip' issue, as well as a chance the phone may get dropped/scratched, can you guys recommend any 'skins' that protect against scratches AND drops? (something invisible like the invisible shield, except i'm not sure if it is made to protect against drops..)

thank you!

2. Adam135 macrumors newbie

Adam135

I would go for invisible shield front and back (Front for now until the Power Support comes out) and a bumper.

The most of the iPhone will be protected then.

3. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Invisible shield are made to protect against scratches, not drops. You could check out switcheasy.

4. iluvifone thread starter macrumors 6502

switcheasy looks like a case for the i4 (nude). Anyone know of any 'skins' that protect drops/scratches?

5. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

some news

I've discovered the Best Skins Ever full body actually keeps the dreaded antenna problem from happening. I discovered it earlier today when I added on the side pieces.

Since I have a case, I put it back in there though.

Now I have discovered the two together also seems to have improved the bluetooth range problem. The range was drastically reduced from my 3GS. Couldn't even put the phone in a pants pocket without the other person complaining about the connection.

Haven't tested the bluetooth with just the Best Skins Ever but I definitely couldn't recreate the finger of death dropped call touching the lower left gap.
    Did make sure to fully extend the skin right down to the gap edge to make sure the metal wasn't exposed.

So this is a real good benefit to a very good product for the iPhone 4. What I discovered is even with the skin on, just not comfortable without a snug case around it. A drop is probably still a risk for either side of the glass.

6. iluvifone thread starter macrumors 6502

7. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

There's a huge thread over in the accessories forum about it:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=935913

From what I've heard, a lot of people were dissatisfied with it though.

8. iluvifone thread starter macrumors 6502