Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dapetrun

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
Western Pennsylvania
Can any of you Mac diehards out there recommend a software for the Mac that makes (graphics) B-day cards, invitations, thank you's & calendars? I would like to be able to ad or edit my own comments to the cards,:D if possible.

mfacey

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2004
Netherlands
iPhoto '06 can do a lot of the stuff you mentioned. Give it a try. Great program for organizing your photos as well! :D

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
mfacey said:
iPhoto '06 can do a lot of the stuff you mentioned. Give it a try. Great program for organizing your photos as well! :D
And if you don't want to have Apple (or whoever is contracted to do it) print them for you, you can create the book/card/calendar/what-have-you in iPhoto and make it a PDF and then print it yourself.

Stonington

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2006
I like PrintShop2 for Mac

I've had good luck with PrintShop2 for Mac by MacKier. Very versatile, very user-friendly, you can design from scratch or use their libraries of designs, textures, and text assortments.

BTW - I'd also just ordered PrintExplosion from Nova Software (two weeks ago) and have received no software... and no answers to two follow-up inquiries (like, "where's my stuff") I'd suggest you approach them with caution. I'm wondering if we're looking at vaporware. Anyone else had an experience with them?

Stonington

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2006
Belay that earlier note -

I still think PrintShop2 for Mac is the best... but please disregard my earlier jibe about PrintExplosion not following through on my order or responding to my inquiries.

The software arrived today (after two weeks). (Gee, if they'd only just answered me earlier when I'd asked about it.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.