Recommendations for Hart rate/Calorie Tracker accessories

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MacBOS, Jan 15, 2014.

1. MacBOS macrumors 6502

MacBOS

As the title suggest, I'm looking for a good accessorie that I can pair with my phone while I'm in the gym. Somthing good in the $$ range (not to cheap, not to expensive) any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

2. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Found this on Amazon:
    Jarv Premium Bluetooth® 4.0 Smart heart rate monitor for IPhone 4S / IPhone 5 , 5C , 5S / IPad Mini, Ipad Mini 2 / new IPod touch and other Bluetooth devices (iOS only) Black (Soft strap)
    http://amzn.com/B00BWX023E

3. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

have you thought about a fitbit? there are a bunch of different ones ranging from 50-130 i believe. i just ordered a fitbit flex. it also tracks sleep cycles and wakes you up with a vibrating alarm.

4. MacBOS thread starter macrumors 6502

MacBOS

This one seems pretty cool I've already looked at a couple reviews on it, and the price is very good to. Thanks a lot

----------

This one looks very fancy and it looks like it can do a lot of things i'm very intrigued and looking to buy this one. It's a little pricey and there are some YouTube videos that demonstrate how a person could actually cheat the device that you ran our walk or paste more with just wrist movements. I'll keep looking into it I haven't seen the application yet how it works thank you so much for your input

5. AppleTech22 macrumors 6502

I personally am a FuelBand user as I got it for a gift. Love it for tracking my activity in a more fun way than the others and the appearance is second to none in my opinion. A lot of talk in this tech area has been focusing around the Misfit Shine, which looks stunning. Reviews have said its a more accurate tracker in some activities, and has a classier look opposed to the sporty look of the fuelband. In reality no tracker does it all in one that you would want to be wearing often.

6. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

i have my iPhone track my steps as well and it ended up tracking more because at work i push bins and whatnot so my wrist is not moving, when i was folding towels with a lot of wrist movement it didn't count those as steps. very impressed.

7. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

My recommendation isn't really an accessory but it is the new iPod nano 7. It is very accurate when using the nike plus built in app(no dongle required) and you can track either runs or walks and set what your going for-you can run for time, distance, calories burned, and more. Also it is small and will fit in your pocket and wont weigh down your gym shorts like an iphone would. Also you have the music and radio apps so you can listen to your favorite jams while working out.

8. CobbFC09 macrumors newbie

Did you end up purchasing it?

9. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Why would you even bring up the "cheating" part unless you plan on cheating?

I have the fitbit scale, app and my wife uses the flex to keep track of her daily workout (no cheating for her). I don't use the add on's but the scale is nice because it uploads the info to the app and keeps track of weight goals and such. I bought a few for other family members and they all really like it.