Recommendations for playing iPhone/Ipod in the car

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by pandap, May 14, 2010.

1. pandap macrumors newbie

To start off, my car doesn't have an auxiliary input, it doesn't have a cassette slot. So the simple way with a tape-to-3.5mm jack/ or a auxilary cable doesn't work for me.

I want it to charge my 4th gen Ipod nano and my iPhone 3G. I'm also planning to get the upcoming iPhone 4G.

I've used FM transmitters before but the receptions are pretty bad at times, and they go outdated when i get newer apple hardwares. For example, i had a Monster iCarPlay but it wasn't compatible with my iPod 4th Gen and had limited functionality with my 3G. so i had to replace it with a Belkin one but the reception were a lot worse than the monster one.

I've recently lost my Belkin FM transmitter so i'm looking for an alternative way to play music in my car

It'd be perfect if i can play it from iPhone/Ipod, but from a usb is also fine.

If i don't want FM transmitters, is car decks then only way to go?

ANy good suggestions?

2. gr8gonzo macrumors member

gr8gonzo

ipod integration

depending on what type of head unit you have and make of car, you can buy a ipod integration unit which plays,controlls and charges from head unit, but can get pricey. AXXESS and pie.net are to of the front runners, "installer.com" is a good site to get a start. good luck