Recommendations for slim keyboard?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iBookG4user, May 21, 2007.

1. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I'm getting a 22" monitor for my MacBook Pro so my MacBook Pro's LCD isn't going to be the main LCD I look at anymore. I just arranged my setup to get ready for the monitor and it became obvious very quickly that I'm not going to want to use the MacBook Pro's keyboard anymore. So I'm looking at getting a cheap (under $30 would be nice, preferably around $20) keyboard like the one I use on my MacBook Pro.

I have used other desktop keyboards before and I don't like the feel of them, I can't type as good as on my MacBook Pro's keyboard and I make more mistakes. Wireless would be very nice, although not essential. It would be very cool if it was available in store at Best Buy or Frys, as my parents don't like to buy things online (I had to go through A LOT to even let me buy my 22" LCD online). I don't need the num pad on the keyboard, as I would rarely use it.

Here are the keyboards I'm looking at right now (I haven't called Frys to make sure that they're available in store though):

BTC 6100C USB Ultra Slim Multimedia Keyboard

A4 Tech Compact Keyboard-Silver

Kensington SlimType Keyboard - PC

2. iBookG4user thread starter macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I ended up buying an inland u-Touch keyboard built for the Mac for $24.99 (I bought it in store and frys doesn't have the model I bought on their website). It's a pretty good keyboard but it does take a lot of getting used to and I still prefer my MacBook Pro's keyboard to it any day. Oh well, it's much, much better than the old external keyboard I was using and it's fine. I would probably look around a bit more before I bought this keyboard again.