Recommendations for the following Protectors...

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by amrogers3, Aug 22, 2012.

1. amrogers3, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012

amrogers3 macrumors newbie

Jun 12, 2011
    I looked through the forums and found a couple recommended screen protectors for the 3rd Gen iPad. From the ones I found, the following have really good ratings. After reading reviews and searching Google, I am having a hard time deciding. Can anyone provide feedback or recommendations on the following protectors:

iVisor 4.5 stars

Power Support 4 stars

Spigen 4.5 stars

ArmorSuit 4.5 stars

EDIT: Mainly looking for an Anti-glare protector but also anti-smudge would be nice.

2. amrogers3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 12, 2011
  3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Feb 9, 2011
    Looked at any of the countless prior screen protector threads?
  4. amrogers3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 12, 2011
    Yep, sure did. Been researching like crazy trying to find the 'best' anti-glare/anti-smudge protector. I did find that two seem to be recommended more than most. So let me narrow it down between two: Power Support and SGP.

Power Support Anti-Glare

Spigen Ultra Optics

Has anyone been able to compare these two? I believe the Ultra Optics was recently released so that may be why I can't seem to find out much info.

5. JS82712 macrumors 6502a

Jul 1, 2009
    I got the ultra optics for my iPad 2; it was a mediocre experience.
    It was difficult to clean oil off the protector, but the most annoying issue was that there was a high-pitch noise coming from it whenever your finger slides across the screen.
  6. amrogers3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 12, 2011
    What is the recommended iPad screen protector for the new iPad that reduces glare and affects the retina display the least?
  7. docprego macrumors 65816

Jun 12, 2007
    Henderson, NV
    The only screen protector that combines anti glare and anti fingerprint with being fairly clear is the Ultra Optics. I have it on my iPad 3 and it is a lot more clear than any other anti glare protector I've ever used. It's not as clear as a crystal protector but it does look very good and it does a great job of resisting fingerprints and smudges.