Recommendations for XS Max clear case

kevjen888

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
i want to show off my gold Max, hence I will go with clear case this time. Any recommendations on clear cases with slim profile? I checked out Tozo on amazon it looks pretty good but no reviews yet (as expected).

Reactions: kryten3000

rawlus

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2009
Boston
I’ve used the Spigen Liquid Crystal and their Ultra Hybrid clear and both are very similar to the Caudabue and available now various places including amazon.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003
This is not universally true. The clear case that I put on my iPhone X last November has not yellowed and it not slippery. It has extra bumper cushioning at each corner yet is very slim and not bulky.
Which clear case do you have. Just give it time and it will. All clear case will eventually turn yellow. Some just take longer than others.

Reactions: Naaaaak

SoUnfortunate

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2013
New York, NY

lsh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
I’m interested in clear with impact protection. Element case Rally looks interesting to me - I used Element back in the iPhone 5 days. UAG also has a clear option.
Other options?

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
Which clear case do you have. Just give it time and it will. All clear case will eventually turn yellow. Some just take longer than others.
This is just not true. I've had numerous polycarbonate clear cases for multiple years - and currently have one on my iPod classic that's been on it for nine years and it is not yellow, at all.

Dries2504

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2014
Is there such a thing as a good clear case that is open at the bottom, like the Apple Leather cases? I love the feel of those and find it more convenient now that we have to swipe up to unlock... Thanks!

Tb87Bln

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2016
I am on the hunt as well... ( though for the Xs without max but most sell both sizes anyways)
My main problem actually is that the case is either so nice and slim that I don’t trust it to protect my phone properly or that it is so bulky that I don’t like the look... I start worrying I don’t find a good one... (I even start to consider Apple care to be safe... or cancel my Xs and stay with my 6s and end all the trouble ;) )

Right now my „favorite“ is a otterbox symmetry case or when it is released the otterbox traction series...

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I ordered and just got this one for my iPhone Xs Max. I have the same one for my iPhone X. It has micro dots on the inside to prevent the rainbow affect you get with other clear cases.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07FLQH8PJ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I ordered this one in clear and dark shades.

I also ordered the Apple black leather but may not keep it. In the past, it would discolor easily from a bit of moisture and the bottom edges would come loose if you took it off even a few times. Hope this year’s batch is better.
[doublepost=1537114407][/doublepost]
I ordered this one as well as a screen protector. Should arrive before my Max does so I’ll have coverage from day one.

https://www.totalleecase.com/collec...hin-iphone-xs-max-case?variant=12347674984510
I really like the solid black in this one except it provides no screen edge protection. I find that I end up cracking the screen protectors more often without any edge protection from the case. Anyone else know of a similar thin type with just a tad of screen edge protection?

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Yes I currently use it for my iPhone X and it hasn't yellowed at all. It would have by now if it was going to.
So I received these cases in clear and dark. Unfortunately the clear one already looks a little yellowed. The dark one is okay. Quality is not great - bottom edge is wavy and not even on both - looks to be the same on both so must have been a bad mold in the manufacturing process. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.