Recommendations on Skype bluetooth headset

JW8725

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2005
UK
So I downloaded skype the other day. Awesome service. The calls are very clear. What I would like to do is call my friends from a bluetooth headset when I'm at home. I've seen some very large USB type phones (eww) but I was after a bluetooth headset. Could I say use a bog standard mobile phone bluetooth headset? I rather like the Nokia ones.

ta

Lopez.T.H.

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2005
Sorry, but what is Skype? I am a begining Mac user and have hear a lot about it. If you can make phone calls from your computer I will buy a BlueTooth Module for my iBook.

JW8725

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2005
UK
Lopez.T.H. said:
Sorry, but what is Skype? I am a begining Mac user and have hear a lot about it. If you can make phone calls from your computer I will buy a BlueTooth Module for my iBook.
Well you could just plug the phone into the USB slot??

cooknwitha

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2005
London
Lopez.T.H. said:
Skype is free telephony software that is fantastic. If you have the Sykpe and a friend does too then you can call each other over the net for free. It's like webcam but without images but with fantastic quality.

There are other services like Sypke In and Skpye Out which you can read about at Skype. I only use it for one friend who lives in the UK and it's fantastic.

PrincessPeach

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2009
Skype is free telephony software that is fantastic. If you have the Sykpe and a friend does too then you can call each other over the net for free. It's like webcam but without images but with fantastic quality.
You can use it for free webcam video chat too. My parents are always nagging me to put my camera on when I'm in my pyjamas and wanting to go to bed =(

Bye Bye Baby

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2004
i(am in the)cloud
I like the idea of the new jawbone that can have two simultaneous bloothtooth connections.

Very useful for switching between mobile calls and skype calls over a computer network.