recommendations on speakers!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pau.c, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Pau.c macrumors regular

i am in the market for a new set of speakers for my laptop, i did have some yamaha studio monitors but no longer have a desk big enough for them!

i have about £100 to spend on some decent speakers, i was thinking maybe the bose companion 2's which retail at £99, what do you guys think though? anything even better?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I like the Swan M10. Getting them in the UK is not going to be easy. How much room do you have on your desk?

3. Pau.c thread starter macrumors regular

not much to be honest, got rid of my old desk as it was way to big, its about 2 foot! tiny!

4. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

mackid, do you have the set that costs around $120? I see these get recommended quite a bit. If they sound as good as they look, I'm sold.

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

That is what I have, they can be found cheaper here. In general they get fairly good reviews. A quick tally tells me that its about 80% favorable on here. For $100 and the small size, they are great. Perhaps not what the OP is looking for given the desk requirements..

I'm not a big fan of Bose, I will however say that I think they sound better then the JBL Creature (the other 2.1 in tiny sizes).

I highly recommend trying to find a pair of Cambridge Soundworks SoundWorks 2 if you can.