Recommendations - screen sharing application that works on both MAc and Windows??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nigelivy, Nov 10, 2009.

1. nigelivy macrumors member

Hi,

I'm looking for a good application to use in my small business for screen sharing and conference meetings. I use the feature that Skype have brought out extensively, but there are times that I need to share my desktop with multiple viewers and often in environments where Skype is prohibited.
    I have found several free applications out there that look promising, I just thought I would ask advice on here first to see if anyone here knows this software and if there are any recommendations - both free and paid software.
    Here is a list of the applications which I have found:
    Dimdim
    Mikogo
    Yuuguu
    Teamviewer

I would really appreciate any input,

Nigel

2. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

Add Adobe Connect & GoToMeeting (my choice) to the list.

3. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

Haven't used it myself, but I've heard good things about DimDim

4. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

We use Mega Meeting for our National Meetings (video conferencing and desktop sharing).

5. billheaven macrumors newbie

We use on premise RHUB desktop sharing appliances. We use it because it’s easy to use, has no download of any kind and provides better speed as compared to hosted services.

6. NativeTxn macrumors regular

I've used Mikogo before and it is very easy to use, and has seemed equally easy for my clients to use as well.

I've looked into Team Viewer recently, but have not switched thus far.

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

For many years I've extensively used TeamViewer, which is free for personal use and works with Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Ubuntu, iPhone, iPad, etc. It's very secure and quite simple to set up and use (no messing around with ports), which comes in handy if providing remote support to those who aren't very computer literate. You can talk them through the setup on their end and be connected to them in less than a minute.

I prefer TeamViewer over LogMeIn because it includes free file transfers between computers, a feature I use frequently. Also, TeamViewer doesn't affect audio settings on OS X, as many have reported that LogMeIn does.