Recommended 10.5 Silicone Back Cover

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by BigAppleNYC123, Jul 17, 2017.

1. BigAppleNYC123 macrumors regular

BigAppleNYC123

For everyone who is upset Apple no longer sells the Silicone back case, I recommend this one

http://a.co/29A8VhZ

It’s not Quite as good as apples. But it’s the best I’ve found. Post if you find a better one

2. Perene macrumors 6502

Perene

I have a few questions about this product...

- KHOMO iPad-Pro-10.5-Companion-Charcoal-Gray Perfect Match for Apple Smart Keyboard and Cover, Apple iPad Pro 10.5 Inches, Charcoal Gray

- Is this only for the back (not the front) and it's suitable for the 10.5 Smart Keyboard?
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1343690-REG/apple_mptl2ll_a_smart_keyboard_for_10_5_inch.html

If I buy from BH (link above) the SK will work as the Smart Cover would... but are both the same color?

I am asking all this because I was planning to buy only the Apple's Smart Cover, which as you can see here says it's Charcoal Gray:
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1343669-REG/apple_mq082zm_a_smart_cover_for_10_5_inch.html

3. macduke Suspended

macduke

I would buy this one in a heartbeat if they would make the port openings tighter and cover the buttons. They actually make one like this, but it has an Apple Pencil holder permanently attached to the side which makes it really bulky. I would love to have that version without the holder as the fabric on the back looks nicer and is probably grippier.

4. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

There is a huge pinned thread on this at the top of the accessories list--I would check that out.

I have kind of an unpopular opinion on the Khomo cases--I think they're garbage. The two I've tried were poorly made and didn't fit well. I'm a stickler for a nice precise fit, because a case that's able to wiggle around on your iPad a lot can scratch it just as easily as anything else. I decided to quit goofing around with the cheap-o cases and went with the Tech21 that Apple sells. I'm a happy camper.

5. BigAppleNYC123 thread starter macrumors regular

BigAppleNYC123

My khomo doesn’t wiggle... idk. I thought a separate thread was reasonable because there are so many types of cases many of which are dissimilar to the silicone back. I also read that clear cases like tech 21 scratch iPads.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 16, 2017 ---
    I didn’t know that.. would it be possible to buy it and cut the pen part off?
    --- Post Merged, Aug 16, 2017 ---
    I have both in grey. The color is a match. Open the cover on the corners, not the side.

6. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I've never read anywhere that the Tech21 scratches iPads--I doubt if this were an issue that Apple would sell them in their stores. Where have you read this?

7. macduke Suspended

macduke

That was my first thought too. I had asked something similar and people said it was attached in a way where it kinda curves into the case so it wouldn't be a clean cut at all whatsoever. But part of me wants to try it anyway, lol. It looks so perfect to me besides that side bulk. Maybe we should contact the company about making a version like that?

8. BigAppleNYC123 thread starter macrumors regular

BigAppleNYC123

I think I’m going to. That’s a great idea

9. macduke Suspended

macduke

I contacted them as well: customerservice@onixventuregroup.com

Anyone who wants this great looking case without the pencil holder, I encourage you to contact their email above!

10. techno-Zen macrumors 6502

This is a hard case though.. I don't want a hard case

11. MikaLoop macrumors newbie

MikaLoop

Oh well. Look around.