Recommended 3rd party batteries for black macbook mid 2007?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by pcacd001, Oct 10, 2013.

1. pcacd001 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone I just finished reviving my black macbook mid 2007.. apple replaced the top case/keyboard because of that recall issue (they would crack) and i put in a new HD.. unfortunately the battery is completely toast!

anyone recommend any 3rd party batteries for this thing? $120 at the apple store for a new one is kind of ridiculous to spend on an almost 7 year old laptop, seeing as how i just revived it with a new HD for under 50$.

any suggestions welcome.

thank you.

2. Pinkie Pie macrumors regular

I bought this battery exactly 3 years ago and today it's at 75% capacity with 700 cycles. Half the price of an Apple battery and it's already outlived my original one by a year.

Don't waste your time or money on the $20 batteries on Amazon or eBay though. I bought one of those and it lost 15% of its capacity after being charged 20 times. :|

3. pcacd001 thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you so much! any calibration required? or do i just put it in and go..

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I wouldn't trust or recommend any non-Apple battery, due to the number of problems reported with "knockoff" batteries. Also, there is no assurance that knockoff batteries have the same charging technology that Apple uses, involving the battery, the MagSafe adapter and the Mac's logic board.
    The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.
    For your model, calibrating the battery every month or two is recommended. See the CALIBRATION section of the Battery FAQ for instructions on properly calibrating a battery.