Recommended apps for an iPhone novice?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by PoisonApple13, Sep 19, 2012.

1. PoisonApple13 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone!

So I'm looking for a little help. Come Friday, my mom, who has feared Apple and iPhones since day one, will be upgrading to the iPhone 5 that I purchased for her along with one for myself.

She IS familiar with my iPad and how that works, but the only apps she uses are safari and Pinterest, which, I have assured her, will be synced onto her new device.

However, I really want her to get the most out of her new iPhone, so I'm looking to you all for some recommendations of apps that I could get for her when I set up her phone. Obviously she's going to use a lot of apps different from the ones I use, as she's not exceptionally tech savvy or familiar with all ye capabilities of an iPhone. She has no use for Facebook, twitter, Foursquare, ec., so I'd just like some opinions regarding good apps to set up an iPhone newbie with so they can enjoy their new device just as much as the rest of us do.

Cheers

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

There's no such thing. What are her interests? Consider the person you're asking about and find suitable apps for that person. We don't know her and you haven't provided any useful information aside from apps that she wouldn't use.