Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grilobruno

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2013
Just to confirm, the phone won't lay down flush with that Spigen case, correct? The camera will still protrude out a couple mm?

With the ultra Hybrid the camera won't protrude... But I think an i-blason case is a better choice.. Amazon sells both. The main difference are the buttons, more responsive with the i-blason case

DaBossIsHere

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2012
My request is, I want a cases that has that 'frost' look to it in which you can slightly see the back of the iPhone. What are my options please? I would prefer if it was Black Frost.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
I ordered a ZooGlou in frost. $4.99 plus shipping direct from ZooGlou. I want to see some of the space gray show through the back.

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2011
so i ordered the Ultra Hybrid SPigen from Amazon. I am unable to find the Logo which proves that its an original product. The link is attached below. The other thing is i didnt like the color of the case. its not like iPhone's Gold. its more like Light Brown. I am not at all satisfied with the product and considering returning it. What do you say guyz?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JH834HM/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i can post the pictures if you want.

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
Recommended Best Transparent Case for iPhone 6 and 6+

so i ordered the Ultra Hybrid SPigen from Amazon. I am unable to find the Logo which proves that its an original product. The link is attached below. The other thing is i didnt like the color of the case. its not like iPhone's Gold. its more like Light Brown. I am not at all satisfied with the product and considering returning it. What do you say guyz?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JH834HM/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you purchased from Spigen, with fulfilled by Amazon, it should be the real deal. They place foil authenticity sticker on their products. Also, the color sounds about right. It's not gold at all, imo more of a khaki or tan color.

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2011
If you purchased from Spigen, with fulfilled by Amazon, it should be the real deal. They place foil authenticity sticker on their products. Also, the color sounds about right. It's not gold at all, imo more of a khaki or tan color.

Yes I found the code in the packing. And yes it's khaki. I wanted the gold. Now I am confused what to do:/ will the transparent one look good?

noupf

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2008

got mine today too. came in a retail package and looks legit. i like the case, i like the protection, i ordered gunmetal gray and it looks good, but the rubber sides are a bit slick and not so grippy. Its better than my rock tpu cheapy that i bought originally. I may just go with with a speck case for overall grip and protection and say to hell with all these clear, slim blah blah blah cases.

----------

i purchased from the same link. my retail package looks real......

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2011
got mine today too. came in a retail package and looks legit. i like the case, i like the protection, i ordered gunmetal gray and it looks good, but the rubber sides are a bit slick and not so grippy. Its better than my rock tpu cheapy that i bought originally. I may just go with with a speck case for overall grip and protection and say to hell with all these clear, slim blah blah blah cases.

----------

i purchased from the same link. my retail package looks real......

yeah mine is real as well. i got the certificate inside. But i am disappointed with the color as its Khaki. I wanted gold just like the phone's color. I am going to return this one and get some other. Most probably clear or i am thinking of just using it without the case but i am afraid what if it fells down? :/

nicohnyc

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2014
You can have a look at krowncase.com, the provide one of the thinnest iPhone 6 cases out there, and a the best price too. :)
IMG_20141217_145753-e1418846768525.jpg

bcc212

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2012
eBay transparent TPU case.

Perfect and cost just over £1. Covers exactly where it needs to. Every cut out is perfect, just thick enough to cover the camera, grippy and slim. Does what all of these cases does for cheaper. Also shows no signs of wear and fits nice and snug.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=321522056700

This is my daily case, I will be using my Apple leather after Christmas though.

Honestly, buy 10 for the price of some of these.

clumsythief83

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
eBay transparent TPU case.

Perfect and cost just over £1. Covers exactly where it needs to. Every cut out is perfect, just thick enough to cover the camera, grippy and slim. Does what all of these cases does for cheaper. Also shows no signs of wear and fits nice and snug.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=321522056700

This is my daily case, I will be using my Apple leather after Christmas though.

Honestly, buy 10 for the price of some of these.

Does it protect the camera or is it too thin?

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
Today using Luvvitt clear on 6 plus space gray. Feels very close to naked. Improves the grip over naked. Lay on table. Back has tiny nubs on corners that keep the clear rear of case from getting scratched by creating a reverse lay on table effect. This case will eventually yellow on edges, but I'm okay with that for its inexpensive price and will just replace it in a year.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
The Trent Alixio seems to be much better than the $.99 transparent case I had for my 5S. Worth an extra few dollars.

waxlabo

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2014
I like the Fence Series Case by Rock, it is available for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.

Attachments

• 20141205112120778.jpg
    20141205112120778.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 203
  • 20141205112133147.jpg
    20141205112133147.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 221

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
A nice clear case for the iPhone 6 Plus is the Verus Crystal Mixx. It has TPU (or some soft rubber) sides, so it is easy to get on and off, and a polycarbonate back that shows off the back of the iPhone very nicely. I was pleasantly surprised by this case--my expectations were very low, given the price point ($12.99 currently, on Amazon):
http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Verus-...8-1&keywords=verus+crystal+mixx+iphone+6+plus
However, it is a nice little case. I generally prefer a more protective case, but this case made my iPhone look great and had a nicely grippy feel in the hand. It also had a surprisingly pleasing sleep/wake button cover--rather than having a raised button cover for the sleep/wake, it was slightly depressed, making it easy to find with your fingers and very easy to press. Verus makes nice cases. I reviewed it on YouTube, if anyone is curious:

http://youtu.be/pnl-CF07PXw

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
I love the Spigen Ultra Hybrid I just got. Also ordered a Luvvitt Clearview to get the same idea but with raised buttons.

Here's the Ultra Hybrid...

7007df22252937e7b815f96bdb884604.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.