Recommended bluetooth headphones for a Macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by soccerjoe5, Feb 4, 2008.

1. soccerjoe5 macrumors regular

Hi guys. I tried the search function but came up with not so useful results. Anyway could you recommend bluetooth headphones for a Macbook/Pro? Ones that have been tried on the Macbook and with your experiences etc.

I'll be using it just for listening to music and movies. It'd be cool too if you could it had a mic like a headset but that's a bonus only.

So far I've only found the JBL Reference 610 Headphones.

2. iJimmy macrumors regular

iJimmy

i second this request. i'm searching for a decent pair of bluetooth headphones

3. LMO macrumors member

I have a set of Plantronics P590 bluetooth headphones--actually a stereo headset with mic. The first thing I noticed with them is the latency, which Plantronics explains as being part of the bluetooth spec. The delay is short enough that it probably would not be a problem with movies.

There are models available with and without a universal (1/8" mini TRS to bluetooth) adapter.

Sound quality is not bad for what it is. On the down side, mine was always finicky to connect to and finally got to the point where it didn't work at all.

4. mikenike192 macrumors regular

i have some jabra bt620s i also have a BT 3.5mm adapters they are the jabra bt a120s. The combination of these two devices totaling to about $80 total is amazing. I use them to play COD 4 on ps3. I tried the bluetooth pairing with my iMac but it got a little choppy at times. Combined with the adapter A120s its always crystal clear with only a hint of lag.

So the Jabra BT 620s around ear head phones and the Jabra A120s 3.5mm adapter (headphone jack) get my vote, I've had great performance using them in combination.

5. michplant macrumors newbie

Nokia BH 505

I would suggest the Nokia BH-505.

They are the around back of head design. Reason I went for these is because they look cool! I didn't just want headphones for use with my Macbook but also with my iPhone for when I'm stuck on a train commuting for 2 hours each day!

They have great connectivity with the iPhone - automatically pair when with in range. I have before left my phone behind once on a train and instantly realized I had when the connection was lost!!! Phew.......

With the macbook again it is great connectivity. they do not automatically pair but all you have to do is click "use headphones" under bluetooth tab - top right of your screen.

They sell on ebay and Amazon but I was a bit dubious from buying here so went for a reputable firm here in the UK - http://www.allthingswireless.co.uk

The prices are about the same also - around £40 Uk pounds.