Recommended Car Charger For 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by shonor6, Feb 22, 2012.

1. shonor6 macrumors member

I recently bought an a USB to the car's charging port adapter, but it's very bad. It charges the iPhone very slowly, as if it's connected to a PC.

I need a recommendation for a good car charger, of which will charge the phone exactly as if it was connected to the wall.

I don't want it to be too strong, so it won't risk my battery somehow... Just within the limits of what Apple recommends (I don't have any knowledge about this subject, but I'm pretty sure Apple stated what the voltages limits are, or something like that).

Thanks anyway.

2. wymi macrumors regular

Anything made by Griffin or Belkin and you should be fine.

3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

The charger's not bad -- it's doing what it was designed to do. You bought the wrong charger. Pay attention to the specs next time. USB is 500mA. Sounds like your char charger is about the same. Aim for 1000mA/1A.

No such thing as "too strong". You can use an 2A iPad charger as the iPhone will only draw what it needs.

Current is what you need to look at, not voltage. All chargers are 5V.

Again, current is what matters. Not the brand name. Griffin and Belkin make 500mA car chargers which will not help the OP. Pay attention to the specs.

4. wymi macrumors regular

My Griffin car charger Power Jolt Micro is rated at 2.1 A output. This was purchased directly from an Apple store and charges my 4s very quickly. I agree, look at the Amp output specs for the charger and make sure it is at least 1 Amp.

5. troop231 macrumors 603

This one is my favorite, because it actually fits inside the power port, and it provides 2.1 Amps, so it can charge the iPad as well.

[​IMG]

6. wymi macrumors regular

I use this little guy:

Attached Files:

7. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

I use this exact one, leave the little charger in too, just plug in the cable as needed :)

8. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1