Recommended Case Current MacBook Pro 13

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sero94, Nov 18, 2010.

1. sero94 macrumors newbie

Hello fellow Mac owners!
    I've had my 13" MacBook Pro for a little less than 2 weeks. Need a backpack/bag/case for transporting her around. Ive looked into the MacCase Flight Jacket as its got the few add on pouches for a iPad(Plan on one later down the road), room for a charger and external hard drive. I really like the antiqued leather as well as the black model looks pretty classy. Are there any other similar vendors with that have similar style and protection. Anyone personally use this with their 13? Good? Bad? I also looked at that Booq Vyper but thats just a sleeve, but looks to be pretty rugged. I also took a liking to the Wrapsol for keeping her clean and scuff free. I live in Nebraska so weather is every season here some more harsh than others at times so durability is a must. I kinda prefer the vertical loading style over the horizontal. Ive never purchased a very nice quality laptop bag before. This is really my first quality machine so something that actually protects the laptop and doesnt look like a 20 dollar media bag is key. I Would like to not really spend more than that mac case flight jacket and thats to the tune of $145.00 or so on a few online resellers via google shopping. I currently have a specialized backpack thats got a laptop sleeve insert but has no padding nor really any inside lining so Ill keep that for storing my bike gear. Please offer me some current popular styles of bags. I prefer the vertical ones but maybe if there was a nice sized messenger that isnt some big dufflebag and just has the basic couple of pouches for my accessories. Thank you in advance for your input.
    Brian S.

2. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

I have the same computer (had it about 3 months now). I too was wondering how to protect my new investment and did a bunch of research on the subject. What I ended up getting was the innocase sleeve and a Thule backpack to carry it around in.

Not sure if the Thule (on Apple's website) is what you were looking for or not, but I've been extremely satisfied with my setup.

The innocase sleeve really protects the MBP well. I ALWAYS put the MBP in the case after every use. When transporting it, I'll toss it into the backpack and away I go. With the case, there is no reason to put any skins on the MBP for additional protection unless you use the laptop in harsh environmental conditions. My MBP looks as good as it did the day it arrived in the mail. The sleeve keeps dust, dirts, etc. out of it and it also offers a soft padding protection when traveling.

As a pilot, I travel all over the world so I wanted to ensure my MBP was protected from all the abuse it will have to endure during my travels. I couldn't be happier with the setup I have now.

The backpack is top notch construction and should last 4 to 5 years of serious abuse. The sleeve is better just as well. Depending on how well you treat it, it should last the lifetime of the computer.

Hope this helps!

Cosmo