iPhone Recommended Cydia patches?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by avoidandroid, Jun 13, 2014.

1. avoidandroid macrumors member

I just got my 5c replaced at Apple and it came with 7.0 version. Obviously I can't update it to 7.0.6 so I'm gonna stick with 7.0 and jailbreak it. I forget what were some the recomended cydia patches that I should install on 7.0? I recall something like SLPatch? Any others? TIA

2. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

AttachmentEncryptor and SSLPatch both courtesy of rpetrich :D

3. avoidandroid thread starter macrumors member

4. 0xyMoron macrumors 6502

As far as i know, i could be wrong but these patches do not function when the phone is in safe mode, it's just worth noting. :)

5. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Installed these, and now NONE of my apps will open if they werent from cydia. basically nothing from the app store loads up.

Any fix??

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

How often is a properly functioning jailbroken iOS device in Safe Mode?

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

And who will still use the phone to purchase stuff online or send and receive emails while their phone is running on safe mode?

8. 0xyMoron macrumors 6502

Not every Jailbreaker is aware what a safe mode is. Some people use their phone while it's in safe mode without knowing how to get out of it, i know a few who do that. It's always worth noting that Cydia security fixes are just a band-aid, even the developers who make those fixes say so.

----------

You'd be surprised.

9. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

MobileSubstrate makes it very clear as to what it is with a popup alert. If the end user is intelligent enough to search for "how to jailbreak iphone", they can certainly search for "fix iphone safe mode". Even though it may be a band-aid, some were never designed to be removed once applied. Stuff like this makes me miss the good old days when some Unix shell know how was required to be able to jailbreak iOS devices. It kept out those with sub-par intelligence.