Recommended Cydia Tweaks/Add-ons for Every iPhone User

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Satnam1989, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Satnam1989, Apr 22, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012

Satnam1989 macrumors 65816

Here is a list of Useful Tweaks/Add-ons that I find extremely helpful:

Found in Cydia,Some Cost $.99-$4.99 while others are free(I have put the price of the ones that I know because BigBoss repo shows it even after purchase but the others are ModMyi repo and they do not show price after purchase):

- Infinifolders <-- Add unlimited Apps to folders
    - Multicleaner $0.99 <-- Allow Swiping out apps to close from switcher/multitasking tray/Quit Apps via Activator instead of the old hold n wait for red button...Works beautifully with Zephyr
    - Zephyr $4.99 <-- Home button replacement tweak, once you have this installed You will hardly use the home button as it adds the function of swipe to return to home screen, swipe to switch between apps etc much like WEBOS interface, i think anyone who tries this tweak/add-on will love it!
    - SBSettings FREE
    - Five Icon Dock FREE
    - Five Icon Switcher FREE <-- Five+ iCons per page on Switcher
    - Folder Closer FREE <-- Automatically Close folders after launching a app from within
    - Bulletin $0.99 <--Enable Notification Center Pull down in Lockscreen
    - Quicknote FREE <--Take small notes in Notification Center
    - Gridtab for Safari $1.50 <-- Safari Tabs are displayed much like they are on the iPad in 6 or 9 pages view instead of having to scroll through the tabs side by side.
    - Navigate from maps $1.99 <-- Amazing if you have Navigon, Tom Tom, Garmin etc Navigation app installed on your iPhone....you simply search for your place that you need to for example "Pizza" and then once you like the one you wish to go to, simply click on the info arrow and select "Navigate with Navigon" as navigon is what I have installed and it will auto input all the details into the Navigation app and find your location along with give you route options and guide you there....Extremly useful and better than the driving directions that Built in MAPS app provides plus this option does not use any DATA
    - Battery Detective $1.99 <-- Detailed Battery information/drain/cycles
    - MyAssistant $0.99 <-- Custom Commands for SiRi ex Turn off WiFi, custom questions, retstart-respring-turnoff iphone etc
    - Action Menu's Plus (First install Action Menu's, add's many new functions to copy n paste menu)
    - Applocker <-- Password Protect your apps & folders
    - Tetherme $4.99 <-- to edit APN settings/Add Profiles/MMS so u hav no need to do any SIM tricks, it also provides support for the SAMpref's developer which recently added the ability to Unlock your iPhone! So please support!
    - iFile $4.00 <-- Recommended for Advanced users as it gives access to the iOS filesystem.
    - WiFi Analyzer $1.99 <-- Excellent Network Tool as it lets you decide what channel to set your router at for best performance because it can show you the nearby access points in graph format so you know what channels they are operating at.

Optional:
    - NoNewsisGoodNews FREE <-- Remove Newstand app from your iPhone home screen as it cannot be put into folder and can be annoying for people who don't buy magazines.....

Please note: Some Tweaks may slightly slow down your iPhone 4/3GS/3G/2G, These all work Extremely fast/No reduction in Speed on iPhone 4S but previous generations have older hardware, so may experience reduced performance* They have been tested on a iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S by me personally over the past 1.5 years and all did work great, on the iPhone 4 I never experienced any delay but once I got my iPhone 4S, they all felt slower to me but its a given going from a fast device to a FASTER device:)

If you have any useful tweaks that you feel are worth making the list then please don't hesitate to mention, I would love to add them, also make sure when requesting to put onto list that they really do simplify our use of the iOS in one way or another and will be really helpful to other jailbroken users

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Piracy talk around here is a no no. I'd revise your OP or simply add your thoughts to the hundreds of threads exactly like this.

3. Satnam1989 thread starter macrumors 65816

I removed the one that was. Rest is not "pirated" I listed the price point and some are free, that isn't pointing to piracy. I don't think you read my post right in a way either...because it says "jailbreak apps" thats not referring to Apple App Store apps, its talking about tweaks/add-ons you can buy from Cydia.

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

I never suggested that your entire post was in reference to pirated apps, just the line suggesting installous.

I read your OP correctly, like I said, there's literally tons of these threads, many of them with the same information you posted.

5. Satnam1989 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks, Hope my thread lives on:) I try to make pretty neat and simple threads every now and than that I feel necessary and best explain the things within em.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

pretty much promise it will die and somebody else will start another like it. however somebody always gains some benefit from these threads.

7. jesuispizza macrumors regular

Can't find the WiFi Analyzer at all. Is it exclusive to the US?

8. Satnam1989 thread starter macrumors 65816

not sure but its in the BigBoss repo....which is included with Cydia officially...but make sure its in the sources if its not there u should add it:

http://apt.thebigboss.org/repofiles/cydia/

it costs $1.99

9. jesuispizza macrumors regular

Found it! Repo must have been down when I searched.

10. Satnam1989 thread starter macrumors 65816

Great!

11. n10797 macrumors newbie

How do you use these two simultaneously? When I try to install one, the other one automatically uninstalls...

12. Satnam1989 thread starter macrumors 65816

Well Since iPhone 4 early days MultiCleaner came out and I have been using it since, Zephyr I only got since I got my iPhone 4S but yes I faced the same error, way around is that you use a "Unofficial repo" I'm sure you can find that on your own, I paid my price to @Chpwn(on twitter) and the guy behind MultiCleaner but unfortunately they couldn't make it work to date together....similar to what happened with MyOS and Multicleaner....both developers did their best to make it work but it didn't but one day I tried MyOS from a unofficial repo and since that worked on my iPhone 4, I tried the same with Zephyr after it failed to work together with Multicleaner .....

So you can go buy it, then go find a unofficial repo and install it from there instead this way u are still supporting the developer, alternatively you may message @Chpwn on twitter and see what he has to say about it, I doubt he figured out a way now if he didn't months back as he recently only updated the tweak to support iOS 5.1 and nothing more came into it.

Note to others: those of you readers don't come attacking me for pirating, its not what I'm describing, its a way around and it works so if you don't have any better suggestion then please keep your comments to you self:)

13. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

I will give you this OP, I did not know about bulletin. Thx..

14. loyalist macrumors 6502

Springtomize 2 will take the place of a few of the listed apps by OP. I'd rather download one app than multiple apps.

15. BiggAW macrumors 68020

There's a few good ones in there, but most of them are extremely specialized, and most people wouldn't want them.

I've tried to keep my iPhone looking almost stock, the only obvious signs it's JB'ed on the home screen are the date in the top bar, and "iPhone" as the carrier, not AT&T, although I revert it back when I'm traveling, as I have the 4EON tag on my account. I actually started using "iPhone" as "AT&T M-Cell" hid the wifi icon and drove me nuts. For some reason, it won't take "Cingular" and instead shows up as "cingular".

16. Satnam1989 thread starter macrumors 65816

could u please tell me which apps it replaces? also I have a feeling the ones that it replaces are FREE....? but do let me know would be great before i spend money on it.....

17. breezyf808 macrumors regular

It lets u have a notification bar pull down on ur lockscreen. Real convenient in my opinion

18. Satnam1989 thread starter macrumors 65816

All these tweaks/add-ons show no difference between a jailbroken/non-jailbroken iPhone....barely any noticeable difference.....they just make the user experience better.....I for one don't like many pages so I love infinifolders, 5icon doc, folder closer(unnoticeable...but its amazing bc it closes the folders after u launch the app automatically...since apple makes you do it ur self).....five icon switcher....another great tool....i hate having to scroll through pages worth of switcher icons.....zephyr...again amazing because it decreases the use of home button and instead makes it a gesture.....thats to name a few good things about the tweaks/add-ons i picked to share

19. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

+1 for WiFi Analyzer

Was using it years ago on my Android device and it is an invaluable app. Highly recommend it.

20. BiggAW macrumors 68020

5 icon dock, for example, is fugly. Infinifolders would be fantastic for people who can stand Apple's ugly folders. I just went back to not using them at all, with another JB tweak to bust up newsstand back to individual icons. It takes a little more discipline, but it makes you more apt to clean up crappy old apps. I still have too many, but I'm down in the 70's from the 115ish area.

21. Satnam1989 thread starter macrumors 65816

hmmm...five icon doc has been my #1 always to get....I kinda always want my "Phone" "Messages" "Mail" "Safari" and a "Entertainment" folder which includes Music app, Videos app, Youtube, TuneinRadio, Rdio, Airvideo, Shazam and Goodplayer..all available on the doc....for me it simplifies. I have about 130apps, good number of news, social and games. I have a 64GB so space is never an issue:) I all my apps and I end up using almost each one at least 1-2 times a month at minimum.

Im 100% happy with folders I think its great because I hate having to scroll through pages and pages worth of apps....even at 70apps thats still 4-5pages.....Id rather have folders for "Games", "Social" "news" "Utitlities" etc.....I wouldn't have some of the apps on my iPhone if I had a iPad...but cause I don't even the harder taste which are easier done on the iPad I end up doing on my iPhone when I'm on the go.

22. BiggAW macrumors 68020

I found that returning to the home screen with folders was really, really tedious, so I finally got rid of them. Much easier now.

23. x Nadzy x macrumors newbie

Mine recommendations are, in no particular order:

• Winterboard
    • AndroidLock XT
    • Infinidock + Overflow (Gives it the Mac dock look)
    • Sara/Spire
    • Barrel
    • Supermusic
    • Barrel

24. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

Barrel is so good it needed to be on your list twice ;)

25. Satnam1989 thread starter macrumors 65816

I didn't include any tweaks/add-ons that would slow down the graphical performance of any iPhone...I have used most of these tweaks since iPhone 3GS all the way to now on iPhone 4S.