Recommended Domain Registrar

iN8

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 29, 2002
The Bahamas
Can I get a few recomendations for a domain registrar?

I am just starting out in web design/development and need a little guidance.

I think I have already settled on ASO for hosting from all the thumbs-up I have read.

Thanks

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
You can register through ASO, which I found hella easy. I tried to add a domain through Domain Site, but adding it through cPanel was a pain in the ass, so I gave up on it...

iN8

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 29, 2002
The Bahamas
ham_man said:
You can register through ASO, which I found hella easy. I tried to add a domain through Domain Site, but adding it through cPanel was a pain in the ass, so I gave up on it...
I am purchasing a domain that is already registered to someone else, and is for sale. So I guess I need a registrar that would be able to help with this transaction.

iN8

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 29, 2002
The Bahamas
I have looked at Network Solutions, Register, GoDaddy and Dotster.

Anyone have any reason why I should or shouldn't use either of these?

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
Buying a domain is a fairly simple transaction, so really it's about price rather than anything else.

I used GoDaddy for registration and ASO for hosting. No complaints at all. Like the other poster mentioned, when you sign up with ASO they give you an option to automatically register a domain through them. If I remember correctly, the cost is $10, going with GoDaddy will save you a couple of extra dollars. No big deal either way :)

MontyZ

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2005
I used to use Network Solutions, but for the past few years have used Go Daddy and have been very happy, especially with the huge savings over Network Solution's high prices for everything.