Recommended/favorite car mount accessory?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ZMacintosh, Feb 6, 2011.

1. ZMacintosh macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

I'm going to substitute my iPad 3G from my Car Music & GPS system in favor of the iPhone (better to carry around).

I was looking at the Kensington SoundWave as one option but dont really need the extra volume boost as the iphone will be plugged in through the aux anyway.

Looking for something functional, simple and durable (a plus would be if it doesnt cause scratching on the phone as I will not be using a case).

:cool:

2. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

I use the Breffo Spider Podium and I love it. And best of all, you don't have to buy a new one if you upgrade your phone!

3. ZMacintosh thread starter macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

Thanks...but lol...the spider podium, not quite exactly I had in mind for a reliable automobile mount.

Anyone have good experience with the Kensington Quick Release (K39256US) model/version?
    (mainly with the Vent holder, I wont be using the windshield suction or mount).
    $12 off amazon seems more fair then $30 at the local or online apple store...just the rounded clips make me concerned with holding on to the iPhone 4's rectangular frame.

4. himesh macrumors regular

I have a brodit in my car, can't fault it at all. Two parts specific for your phone and car, gives the best solution imo.