Recommended (gaming?) Headset?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by AlphaDogg, Apr 20, 2012.

1. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

My friend is looking for a headset that is Mac compatible. He would prefer it to have a wired usb connection. A quality mic is more important than great speakers. He's going to be using it for gaming commentaries and trying to get better mic quality than the built in mic on his iMac. Do you have any suggestions for a good headset? His max price is about $100 but a little over for quality would be okay.

2. PAPO macrumors 6502

what mac does he have, and if he's gaming the drivers (speakers) are VERY important. What Mac does he have?

personally I'd recommend the AKG GHS-1 I'm looking to get one myself but it has 2 3.5mm jacks which is better imo

3. AlphaDogg thread starter macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

He has a 2010 iMac. He wants usb since he's read about some problems with analog and quality on mac.

4. PAPO macrumors 6502

you can get external sound cards, they start pretty cheap with the iMic and if you're a bit crazy you could get an Mbox just for gaming :p

anyway I only recommended the AKG 'cause I have other AKG headphones and they start at brilliant, and go all the way to incredible, I don't really know much about USB based gaming headsets 'cause the concept just bugs me a little coming from an audio background.