iPad Recommended iPad Air cover?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Rofl, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Rofl macrumors member

Just got an iPad Air and I'm loving it so far. It's how I envisaged an iPad should have always been.

I'm using it naked as I love the weight, but can anyone please recommend me a lightweight iPad Air cover? I'm tempted to buy the smart cover from Apple, but it's a bit expensive and not sure how much it weighs. Perhaps even a sleeve would be a better option?

Thanks.

2. guzzlamiamor macrumors member

3. mpayne2k, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013

mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

I know I may catch some flack for this, but I purchased a Samsung leather tablet sleeve that was for the Galaxy Tab 2 which was on clearance for $9.99 and it actually fits the iPad Air like a glove! Only drawback is the "SAMSUNG" logo stamped into the leather :eek:

4. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

I like the smart covers because they are lightweight and easily removable. They provide good protection for setting the device down, and it's a nice touch to automatically unlock the device.

I have a sleeve for carrying it when traveling as well, but in practice I rarely use it.

5. bandrews macrumors 6502a

6. webworks415 macrumors 6502

I would also like a good cover. I don't know if I want to keep this Apple Smart Cover, especially at the price, when there are complete cases for cheaper out there.

7. The.Dude macrumors regular

The.Dude

If you are finding a smart cover expensive after spending hundreds on your new Air, this may be a good option.

http://amzn.to/16JUR02

8. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

I ordered one of those, I've had poetic's for a lot of my devices they are fine cases, no need to pay Apple's outrageous prices.

9. Shonuff macrumors member

10. Rofl thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Some people seem to be reporting problems with 3rd party covers - something to do with the magnets not aligning properly.

At this rate, might have to go for the official cover just to err on the side of caution.

11. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Yeah, Apple changed the polarity/location of the wake/sleep magnets again so a few 3rd party manufacturers are having to scramble to correct this.

12. SMELTN macrumors regular

SMELTN

Poetic had this problem as well but for those who purchased the case before it was corrected they sent out a new case for free.