Recommended ISP in Spokane, WA?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by eji, May 26, 2009.

1. eji macrumors 6502

eji

All being well, we'll be moving to Spokane, WA in a few months' time, and I'm in need of ISP recommendations. I've tried googling for "Spokane ISP" but all I get are lists of 56k dial-up providers and sites with Comcast sales pitches.

I'm looking for something fast (as in, cable speeds), because we regularly stream video and I upload large photos to my Picasa and Flickr accounts; we also make a lot of use of VoIP. Ideally it would be inexpensive too.

To give you some reference, I'm using Kabel Deutschland here in Germany and I have something like 2,000kbps up and 30,000kbps down, which has been more than enough bandwidth about 99% of the time.

I'd really like to avoid Comcast at all costs, since I don't like their ethics.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions or recommendations!

2. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

I'd assume that Western Australia is like all of the other states, and if it is perhaps you should consider Telstra?

They offer ADSL2+, see here for details:
    http://www.bigpond.com/internet/plans/adsl/plans-and-offers/

You will probably have to give them your address etc. to get details of what will be available in your area.

3. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

I used to live in Spokane. your only choices are 56K dial-up,Comcast Cable or one of the Satellite ISP's like DirectTV or Dishnetwork. you might also check into Verizon FIOS Fiber Optics.

4. eji thread starter macrumors 6502

eji

Sorry, I should have maybe been clearer. That "WA" is an abbreviation for the US state of Washington, not Western Australia.

5. Ponderpig macrumors newbie

Qwest Dsl

I live in Spokane and QWEST offers a DSL service here, which is what I use. 1.5 MB max. As far as I know that's the only choice other than Comcast cable, which I agree with you about and won't use either. So we're stuck for the moment.