Recommended monitor for Macbook Pro 2011

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by asdfasdf32, Mar 13, 2011.

1. asdfasdf32 macrumors member

Hi, ive just received my new Macbook Pro 15".
    I am looking to buy a monitor to connect with my mbp since im used to the 27" iMac (which i returned for this!)

I'm looking for around 20~24" monitor (DVI) and my budget is up to $250 or 200(british pound-i live in the UK but use US keyboard..)

I just dont really know much about hardware - I was searching for one but theres SO MANY of them and they all look&sound the same to me-

Could you please recommend me a decent monitor (pls dont say apple cinema display, i know its good but its too expensive..) within my budget?
    (DVI+HMDI/LED etc etc the best one at the moment i can afford)
    Ive got a few i have in mind -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-E2350V-i...11?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1299815279&sr=1-11

Good day to u all.:)

2. TheGingerNinja macrumors member

Yeah i am in the same boat as you! And the choice seems ludicrously large, but apparently Samsung are supposed to be very reliable! :p

3. asdfasdf32 thread starter macrumors member

hav u got a specific model ud recommend? lol i really hate it- they all look exactly the same to me, i cant tell the difference!
    i dont no wat all these terms like DVI/ LED/ HDMI mean!?

4. legreve macrumors regular

legreve

Will be hooking mine up to a 21" Eizo, can't go wrong there. But I dunno what to be choosing below the £800 limit. Only thing I do know is that I would always go.for an anti glare screen.

5. Shambles macrumors regular

6. sugarboylovemac macrumors member

sugarboylovemac

How about this Dell UltraSharp U2311H 23 ?

7. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

I'll also suggest the Dell U2311H (1920x1080) e-IPS panel monitor. Good luck. :)

8. nahvnsf macrumors newbie

HDCP certified displays

if you would be renting/buying full HD movies out of iTunes, be aware of the fact that apple puts restriction on playing these movies in external displays. Look for HDCP certified displays.

I am not sure if this is an issues in Mac OSX, but its certainly an issue in Win7

9. snaky69 macrumors 603

DVI and HDMI are the types of interfaces the monitor uses as an input(types of cables required if you like that better)

LED is a type of backlighting, LCD(liquid crystal displays) only display the colors, a light source behind the panel is needed for us to see what's actually on the screen. LED are light emitting diodes, they have the advantage of being "instant on" meaning they reach full brightness instantly, they also use a bit less power, whereas normal backlighting (CCFL) takes some time to "warm up" before being at top brightness.

TN, IPS and all that jazz is the type of LCD panel being used, and unless you're into photography or video editing shouldn't bother you much.

Hope this helped.

10. asdfasdf32 thread starter macrumors member

Wow thank you so much for this.
    Im using it mainly for photoshop / autocad / games etc, but i guess i wont really see the difference between those types ?

now knowing all these, im even more confused! :confused: