Recommended Passwords keeper for iPhone?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by h.Matt, Nov 1, 2014.

1. h.Matt macrumors member

Hey,

Anybody knows an App for iPhone 6 which can save all my passwords safe, maybe integrate with Touch ID for more security, and is reliable? I prefer not to use an App that uses some cloud to store my passwords.

Thanks

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

1Password can do what you want. it is a great program with excellent customer support. Highly recommend as do numerous people on the forum and elsewhere.

3. callea macrumors regular

callea

4. wrx09md macrumors member

5. chabig macrumors 68040

6. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

Like most others have already said - 1Password is the app you want for this.

7. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

8. Ergates-thi-Ant macrumors 6502

Another 1password recommender here.

9. Skylitfly macrumors 6502a

May I ask...

Am I the only person here who is perfectly happy with iCloud keychain and use it rather than pay for quite expensive third party app that I'll have to buy separately for my iPhone and Mac.

I recommend the iCloud keychain.

10. capuzino macrumors regular

Vote for 1Password.

ICloud keychain is nice but when it comes to logging in to other apps and accessing your passwords, third-party apps comes handy. Also most of the password apps helps you remember all the pages you have registered to by showing you the login details on a simple form.

And base version of 1Password (for iOS) is free.

11. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

Just buy 1password, you won't regret spending the money. Amazing app and amazing support.

12. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

13. Cassady macrumors 6502a

Cassady

1PW.

AFAIK, iCloud keychain won't help you much in that worse case scenario of you sitting in Paris, with your iPad in your luggage sitting in Istanbul, after your iPhone has just been mugged off of you [hey - it could happen, mkay!]...

1PW's encrypted password folder, stored inside Dropbox, could get *real* handy then... iCloud Keychain, not so much...

14. AirThis macrumors 6502a

1password. The new version incorporates Touch ID, which is a godsend. Fastest way to get your passwords and the security trade off isn't that bad, as you still need to provide the master password at startup.

15. Daysight macrumors regular

I don't rely on Keychain. I seem to keep losing Keychain access and passwords every time I upgrade OS's on my Macs and iDevices, but 1Password is always there to bail out Keychain and get it going again.

16. acm1108 macrumors regular

17. Dingster101 macrumors member

18. spitf1r3 macrumors regular

spitf1r3

19. endorphins macrumors newbie

endorphins

I have to go agains the grain here and say Dashlane. It's free and as safe or safer than 1Password (which relies on Dropbox for syncing). They give you Premium when you signup and if you refer friend, it means that it's cheaper than 1Password.

20. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

I am, and have been, all in on 1password. You're in control of your private data, they are constantly improving all their apps and the support has been great for me so far. They have 'family' license so to speak, letting you install it on mac and windows, which is great. And syncs over iCloud, wi-fi, dropbox, and works off-line, has touch-id login support, and looks great on iOS as well as on OS X (windows: meh). I've had multiple licenses, and upgraded a few times. I have no regrets, it has drastically improved my online privacy and security over the last few years. And I keep recommending it to friends and family who come back to me months later saying: I have been stupid for years, I should have had this years ago.. how is this not default on the OS?..

21. spitf1r3 macrumors regular

spitf1r3

No it is not:
    1) You can use iCloud.
    2) Vaults are encrypted anyway.

22. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

DataVault. Your choice of where your data is kept and how you sync. Both your data and your password are hashed and encrypted separately.

23. BummsGeordy macrumors newbie