Recommended printer for Mac pro

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dtechlogic, Jan 2, 2013.

1. dtechlogic macrumors regular

Hi Guys,

Which is the recommended printer for Mac pro. This is what i do. I print directly to DVD, create DVD case insert. At current time i am using an epson R320. It works nicely but i have to use my dying windows laptop to print the case using memorex software to print the dvd case insert.. I have try and always comes out wrong. Is there any software on mac that helps me print the dvd case. Also the color is way off when printing from the mac pro then my dying windows laptop. The printing to DVD it work just the case insert i am having a hard time with. Well any advise is welcome. :D

2. harrisonw1998 macrumors regular

In my experience laser printers have the best color quality. Check out Konica Minolta printers, I've had good luck with them. As far as the templates, you can buy the labels and download templates for them in most formats. Then you can put it into Pages or Word and drop in your graphics to print on to the DVD label template. Hope this helps/

3. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Canon Pixma Pro-1 does high quality pigment ink printing of images up to A3 (13x19) in color or B&W. It also has CD/DVD insert where you can print on the disks. I got my Pro-1 a couple of days ago and am totally impressed.

Below is a thread I started in the photography forum about the printer and how to get it and ink on the cheap.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1689619