Recommended RAM (2x2GB) for the new Mac Mini?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by belltree, Mar 16, 2009.

1. belltree macrumors 6502

Planning to order a new Mac Mini in the coming week and would like to get some advice as to what to go with in terms of memory - brand and model-wise. I will be going for 2 x 2GB of course.

I see here on newegg that one reviewer is saying that the corsair modules don't seem to be working with his Mac (isolated case?). In any case, I would appreciate any feedback and advice. Thx!

2. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

I would go with either Samsung or Crucial memory. Most people don't seem to have problems with either of those brands.

3. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

I bought these for my mini and they work great!

The only issue is that I paid $53 and they are up to $69. The mini seems to have driven up demand I suppose.

+1 for Crucial

Cheers,

4. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Crucial. They tend to use the same memory suppliers that Apple does. At least, the 2GB chips I got from Crucial for my Mac Mini were identical (apart from the size difference) to the 1GB chip I took out of my Mac Mini.

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I just put in two 2GB sticks of Crucial (plain PC version). Works great. $50 shipped @ Newegg.

6. penguy macrumors 6502

I bought my memory from OWC (as I did with my PPC Mini in 2005). No problems.

7. txnoob macrumors 6502

8. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

I got a pair of Crucial 2gig sticks from Newegg, and they're working great :)

9. sngx1275 macrumors regular

sngx1275

I also vote for Crucial. I've got a couple 1 gig sticks in my powerbook, and just put in 2 2gig sticks in my new Mini. No probs.

10. rrijkers macrumors 6502

rrijkers

I used to go fo kingston in the past, like always. Is it no good anymore? Or is the Crucial nowadays a better option? Or are they just cheaper?