recommended setting on mac for videos

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by dtechlogic, May 19, 2011.

1. dtechlogic macrumors regular

Hi Guys,

Well this is my first post here as i am going to start editing my videos on my mac starting Monday. I got a mac pro 8 X 2.24GHz with 16GB of rams 4TB HDD. I am currently using sony vegas movie studio HD plantinum suite 10 for now. The mac pro comes with Final cut studio 3 preinstalled. I am using my sony HXR MC50u. which saves the files to the Internal SSD. What recommended setting should i used for editing and rendering the files to DVD. I use Bitrate calculate to make an estimate of time each dvd will hold once i am done editing and ready for rendering.

1. What is the recommended setting for editing?

2. What bitrate should i use or will it be the same bitrate that i use in sony vegas?
    3. What software or part of final cut studio will i use for rendering to mpeg 2 since it will be played on a standard DVD player?

2. simsaladimbamba

If you use Final Cut Pro 7, use ProRes 422 (HQ) if you have that kind of storage. You could also use lower bit rate ProRes codecs, read the FCP manual for more information.

That depends on the codec you use.
    www.creativecow.net and www.lynda.com are also good resources.

Compressor + DVD Studio Pro
    Again, the manuals are full of information.

3. dtechlogic thread starter macrumors regular

Awesome. At least i know some information. I am ready to work when it arrives