Recommended UK suppliers for internal hard drives?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Blue Velvet, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I'm getting a bit fed up with dabs.com... they seem to have little in stock at the mo and their delivery charges are getting a little silly.

I'm looking for a SATA 2.5" drive to put in my MBP, and I keep on reading about these drives that people can hold of in the U.S. but a cursory google doesn't seem to help much. An online supplier might be best in this instance, even a good eBay store.

Apart from RAM, where do you get your internal components from? Who's got a really wide range of bits and pieces right here in ol' Blighty?

Cheers. :)

2. ^squirrel^ macrumors 6502a

^squirrel^

Apart from buying mac bits, i get all my pc parts from Scan.co.uk. They have the best customer service that i've dealt with.

3. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Yoyotech, scan or dabs. I use dabs the most, but scan and yoyotech cater better for the hardcore and 'looks through ten zillion websites for the best buy' contingent. Yoyotech have a shop off Tottenham Court Road but I think they charge more in the shop.

4. MIDI_EVIL macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

Another vote for Scan.co.uk

I've had great service with them. They give you SMS text updates on the shipping status, which is a nice touch.

5. Blue Velvet thread starter Moderator emeritus

Thanks peeps. I've been to yoyotech but wasn't sure if there were others that might be an alternative... Scan sound good; bookmarked. :)

6. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

I get all my hard drives through Ebuyer, Quick delivery too :)

Not forgetting Ebuyer do free delivery too ;)

7. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Another vote for Scan. Highly recommended - they use Citylink for delivery round here and all my orders arrive before 12.30 the following day.

Also if you register at avforums.com then you get free delivery on every order (over £20 + vat). They do Today Only deals which often include Western Digital hard drives.

Free delivery makes Scan so much more competitive than eBuyer or Dabs.