Recommended white conversion services in UK?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ElysiumY2K, Jun 10, 2011.

1. ElysiumY2K macrumors member

ElysiumY2K

Been searching around for a good black to white conversion service and this one keeps popping up: parts4ipods.com.

Has anyone tried this company before? Or if they tried another one, mind recommending me it? A London base one would be ideal as i want to just walk in and wait while they fix it up.

2. OMGwtfBBQwings macrumors regular

I would second this request.

I had a White back conversion but remOved It as it suck without the full works.

3. mikayy macrumors newbie

i would like to know the same answer,

wefixmac is based in london but i dont know the quality of parts

iphonefixed is meant to be good but they have got the dotted proximity sensor?? i dont know if they have the new parts

also whiteiphone4me is meant to be good quality but they also have the dotted proximity sensor

ive not come across any that do the new black proximity sensor above the earpiece

ive been looking for a few days the only place i can find them parts is on ebay from a hong kong seller

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I also would like to know who gives the best. However, I may just buy a white kit from a Hong Kong eBay seller. Their proximity sensors are the new style.

5. mikayy macrumors newbie

Wahoo i just rang wefixmac and they said they now sell the new front screen with the new proximity sensor - but they are out of stock till tomorrow -

I have emailed iphonefixed as no one answered the phone - i may just go upto wefixmac as they arent too far from me :)

6. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Unfortunately I live in Canada but I was maybe hoping for an online solution to be discussed in this thread. Thanks anyway!

7. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

thats a crazy price!! they even keep your old parts!

its cheaper to buy a genuine white one from apple
    i sold my black one for £390 then got the white for £510

ebay also have white iphone 4's for £400

a guy in work bought the parts to convert from ebay and they were awful
    the camera lens was cloudy and was mis aligned.
    the general quality of the parts wasnt very good.

8. mikayy macrumors newbie

well i just got a email back from iphonefixed he says

"The white iPhone 4 kit which also includes the home button is £139. The parts are fully original OEM Apple and has the correct proximity sensor black. The dotted one is a copy item, not original. These parts are rare and they go quickly. Also included is a small tool kit. Please follow the link below to order and for more information:

http://www.iphonefixed.co.uk/white-iphone-4-conversion-kit-clone-2-3-4-5-6.html

Many Thanks

Customer Service Team Member"

So they have obviously changed their parts but they want £139 + delivery which makes it £146 for the whole kit and he reckons its the real deal OEM hmm..

at wefixmac i can get the whole lot for £74 pounds and that includes the shipping but i doubt they will be OEM parts - but whose to say that www.iphonefixed.co.uk and wefixmac.com dont use the same parts?

What do you guys reckon?

9. mikayy macrumors newbie

The reason im doing this is because my iphone front screen is cracked otherwise I wouldn't have ever looked at this option. my other option is to give apple £139 and get a refub iphone 4 and just keep that lol