Recommned good wireless mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by majkom, Nov 14, 2014.

1. majkom macrumors 65816

Hi, waiting for my new mac mini, ordered apple wireless keyboard, but dont know which wireless mouse to buy.

I will use mac mini fo rweb surfing, some spreadsheets, and from time to time starcraft 2 and left 4 dead gaming - gaming means no apple mouse. so, any tips? Oh and I dont like notebook size mouse..

thx

2. Fishrrman macrumors G4

Fishrrman

3. psymac macrumors 6502

Microsoft Sculpt Mouse (I also use the keyboard).

4. majkom thread starter macrumors 65816

i cant stand that windows logo;) is there any specific logitech mouse I should look for?

5. troy14 macrumors 6502a

Return the apple wireless keyboard get a Logitech k750? It's the solar powered keyboard, it is a million times better and you'll never worry about batteries ever again. Also pick up a Logitech performance MX mouse and you will be all set. I think you can even find them refurbished online

6. majkom thread starter macrumors 65816

still cant decide, should I buy magic pad or logitech performance MX...

are logitech mouse buttons configurable (expose, app expose, show desktop, forward, back? - this are my most used gestures)

7. Mikael H macrumors 6502

My setup consists of a magic trackpad for work and a razer wired mouse for games. I don't play much anymore, so plugging in a cable into my laptop when I need to isn't much of a hassle.

8. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

9. ekinnyc macrumors regular

are there any mice that you would all recommend that work on bluetooth, rather than requiring one of those receiver dongles? i want to get a mouse for my MBP (for when i need more than a trackpad) but dont want to use up a USB port. the magic mouse is not ergonomic

10. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Microsoft Surface Arc Touch mouse. Surface edition not the regular one. One of the few BT 4.0 mice out there.

And it'll satisfy the petty "I don't want the logo" requirement you have as it just says "Surface".

11. ekinnyc macrumors regular

thanks. dont really care much about logo or lack thereof :p but good to know

how ergo is this? doesnt look too comfortable. would be awesome if logitech made the performance MX in a BT version!!!

12. tevion5 macrumors 68000

tevion5

I second that. The G700 in particular is a sturdy thing with a very comfortable feel.

13. Ccrew macrumors 68020

For me comfortable as heck. Obviously, YMMV, things like this can be very personal. Thing I like about it is that I use it with a laptop, and it folds flat to put in a bag.

The Logitech recommends are solid though. I have an MX Anywhere and a couple of T620's which are the touch mice. All have the dongle however and like you I hate giving up limited USB ports.

14. ekinnyc macrumors regular

thanks for the detail. i'll definitely go check it out

i may just cave in and get one with a dongle for limited use for when i work from home

15. Vodka macrumors regular

Yes, you can configure them anyway you like. I also use CMD+H and CMD+W on my mouse buttons. Very convenient

16. ekinnyc macrumors regular

picked up a performance mx mouse, and the k750 for mac keyboard based on recommendations here... couldn't be happier. i decided i can live with the unifying receiver taking up a USB port while my macbook is "docked" at my desk