Recommondations for an ipod touch case

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by efp722, Jul 30, 2008.

1. efp722 macrumors regular

2. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Do you require a case, or would you consider a cover or shell?

3. efp722 thread starter macrumors regular

i really just want to keep it in good shape. $499 is a lot of money and i dont want it to get all scratched up (especially the back). I am not a big fan of the shells, but i will definitely consider them. I just never liked the fact that they were just inside a glass case. im gonna spend all this money on it.. i wanna be able to touch the actually thing.

by covers.. what do you mean? The plastic cover that goes over the touch screen?

4. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

I was just asking if you were simply limiting your options to cases.

I use the Griffin iClear, and I LOVE it. It keeps it incredibly safe, and doesn't add much bulk at all.

I'm prone to dropping my iPod, especially on walks around the neighborhood, so this case hase kept my 16GB safe falling HARD on the road. Everytime I look at it and see all the scratches on the case, all I think about is the fact that those are NOT on my iPod (AND if you get sick of the scratches, they're cheap enough to go get a new one)!

It's clear, so it shows off how good your iPod looks and it comes with a screen protector as well. The case comes on and off really easily in case you need it to, but it leaves the bottom open for connecting, headphones, etc.

If you want, I can post pictures of my iPod in it.

5. efp722 thread starter macrumors regular

Oh cool! I am looking at one right now online but they dont really show any real pictures with the actually ipod in it. If you don't mind I would really like to check some pictures out of yours!

Right now I am really liking this one

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VSGAEG/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

apple-touch.com did a quick video review of it and it looks like something i would want. I am pretty much only looking for something that will protect it when it is in my school bag and pocket. I am gonna be getting a nice igrip stand for my car so i will just put it in there when i am using it. But i am of course still keeping my options open and the Griffin Iclear seems like a great alternative.

6. Mikey- macrumors regular

I use the Incase Slider cover for my iPod Touch. Really is a good cover.

7. Glaxx macrumors regular

Glaxx

Ditto. I have the iClear for my 16GB and it is perfect for keeping the back pristine. The only reason I use it is to maintain good condition for resale value. It ads a little bulk, but not much. I think it makes it feel better in my hand, because of the added (slight) thickness.

I highly recommend it! ;)

8. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

If you want a great case with a great belt clip, Noreveusa.com makes cases for the Touch. I bought one in Olive Green leather today for my wife. You can also save 15% with "Summer08" as a coupon code good until Sept. 15. I've got one for my Samsung P2 and it's the best case I could find for it.

9. ZachsMacDaddy macrumors 6502

ZachsMacDaddy

I went to Wal-Mart today and picked up a Griffin iClear too. They had 3 there and all were open and missing parts. 1 was almost perfect except someone swiped the cleaning cloth, so they took the cloth out of another one that was open and put it in the one I had. The 3rd one had the wrong case in the package!

I was hoping my Touch would come today, but it will probably be here tomorrow. At least I have the case for it already. I am still thinking about getting a skin from Bestskinsever.com since I loved their skin on my ipod 5g. I figure I could probably use both together since the skin is so darned thin and doesn't add any real bulk to the unit.

I have read that the iClear is a snug fit and you have to twist a nickel hard at that corner to open it up. I assume that's only true with an ipod in there to reduce the flex of the sides because when empty it opens easily.

10. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Sorry if the pics aren't great. I had to do them before I left for work this morning :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. atticus18244fsa macrumors 6502

atticus18244fsa

12. efp722 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks a lot!! It actually looks alot nicer then i thought it would. I always thought it would make them alot more bulkier but thats not the case!

Thanks!

13. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

14. efp722 thread starter macrumors regular

15. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

I would recommend the Incase Slider, because it adds hardly any bulk and it looks great.

[​IMG][​IMG]

16. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

That slider DOES look slick! I'm considering it whenever I get my iPhone (<------- :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D)

17. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I have the refurb. iPod touch 8GB, been using it for a few weeks. I have no damages or scratches of any kind even though I didn't purchase any case for it. Don't worry about it being scratched, even the display models I've seen has no scratches, and they are usually handled a little rough. Try the Sena UltraSlim Pouch or the Power Support Jacket or the Spec ArmorSkin.

18. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

Mines NAKED :D with a GRIFFIN Screen Protector ( Not Noticeable AT ALL ) and keep it in a sunglass Oakley Bag:cool: keeps it pristine, I can clean it with the bag and I can use it as Apple intended....NAKED!!!!!!!!

19. B. Hunter macrumors regular

20. imfrog2002 macrumors 6502

Both iFrogz and InvisibleShield do a great job. I suggest InvisibleShield, because every time I've gone to their corporate office to get a new shield installed, they've been REALLY friendly. (I live 2 blocks from their HQ. I go there a lot. ;) ) I have the say that their lifetime warranty is great. I've already used it once, and it wasn't because it got scratched. It lifted and got dirt under it, and they said it's covered. Gave me a new one for free, and they were willing to install it for $5. :D Awesome company. iFrogz has always been helpful too. I've only gotten 1 case from them, as it's a bit bulky for when I used it, but my dad now has that iPod and LOVES the case. Either way, you can't go wrong.

21. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

It's COVERED if you lift it and dirt gets underneath it?!

Oh, man, I am so getting one.