Reconcile apple iMessage names?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iphone4sinwhite, May 21, 2013.

1. Iphone4sinwhite macrumors 6502

My wife's iPhone and iPad don't show up as the same iMessage on my iPhone. However, I'm shown as the same person wether I send her a message from my phone, iPad, or MacBook. How can I cause my wife's devices to sync and show her messages as the same person?

2. Iphone4sinwhite thread starter macrumors 6502

If it makes a difference, she can see open safari tabs on both devices, so apple land does seem to know that both devices belong to her.

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Go to message settings on both devices and make sure that both devices are "starting conversations" from the same phone number or email address. A lot of the time the phone will be set up to send from the phone number and the iPad will send from the email address.

4. Iphone4sinwhite thread starter macrumors 6502

Is there any other to fix this? She shows up as two different people on my iPad. When I send a message to both copies she gets two messages on her phone. Maybe both names are connected to her phone and only one name is connected to her ipad.

5. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

List her as one person in your Contacts on your iPhone. Make sure that all of her info is under a single Contact entry. Remove the extra listing when you find it because it sounds like you have her duplicated and your iPhone is trying to cover all the bases.