Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wattbook

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2008
Can I reconfigure my Musical keyboard (M-Audio Keystation 49e) - It plugs in via USB.

Alright so I discovered this new game, called Jam Legend - Which allows you to play a Guitar Hero/Rock band like game on your computer.

The game allows you to use your Keyboard as a Guitar (in a way) And I was wondering if I could Configure my Musical keyboard - with software, to enable it to play this type of game?

Please and thank you.

Alright I found software - Midipipe - which works on a Mac

Can someone create an Applescript?

REVOLUTION GUNS

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2008
Not sure what version of Mac OS X you're using, but the drivers you want should be available here: http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support&tab=driver

There seem to be drivers all the way back through OS 8, so you should be covered.

Once your drivers are installed you should be able to configure the device through Audio MIDI Setup, which is located in Applications -> Utilities.

Don't have a good answer for you for Jam Legend, but if it's well-coded and respects OS X's MIDI configuration, your keyboard should work fine.

Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.