Reconnecting the Airport Antenna in the Intel Based Mac Mini

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mistamac2006, Apr 15, 2008.

1. mistamac2006 macrumors newbie

Alright Macsters, I need some help trying to figuring out where do you reconnect the airport antenna in the intel Mac mini dual core 1.83....I have had a mini before but with no airport antenna....i upgraded my ram to 3 gb with no prob....i just got my new hard drive today 200gb 7200rpm Seagate w/16mb cache and when i flipped the hard drive section over, the cable disconnected from somewhere but i never seen where it was connected in the first place....i seen the other post on the forum but it wasn't too much help. I would hope someone could help me please and possibly provide pictures, that would be so awesome to help a newbie.....

2. superg macrumors newbie

Here's a pic where you can see where it should go:

[​IMG]

It's that black cable near the top middle. The silver card next to the heatsink is the airport card.

3. mistamac2006 thread starter macrumors newbie

Reconnecting the Airport Antenna in the Intel Based Mac Mini

cool thanks man that helps alot, I'll check it out and see if it works and I'll let you know.....awesome with the pic too!!!!

4. mistamac2006 thread starter macrumors newbie

Re: Reconnecting the Airport Antenna in the Intel Based Mac Mini

worked like a charm...thanks so much man, i got worried....but fyi...if your antenna is actually disconnected form the unit, i found out that if the mini is pretty close to the router, it actually picks up the signal anyway!!!!

5. sarchrimosim macrumors newbie

Thank you superg!

Thanks for your detailed picture about where to reattach the airport antenna on the mac mini. It worked a charm!