Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bw1128

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
is there anyway you can record your facetime conversation? i have a 3 year old and would love to save some of the conversations we have when shes at her grandparents place.

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
That would be a great implementation! Something apple should be considering, IMO.

There are too many legal issues with that, am pretty sure it is illegal to record phone conversations without the other party's knowledge and while Facetime is technically not a phone call I think it would ultimately have to play by those rules.

bw1128

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
looks good. but i keep getting this error 2, so i googled it and found a fix by adding in ifile a file called ".recording.avi". this fixed the error problem, but now i can find the recordings in the app itself.

whats wrong?

thumpcbd

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2011
There are too many legal issues with that, am pretty sure it is illegal to record phone conversations without the other party's knowledge....

Actually, in the states this varies from state to state. For example Texas is a single party state, so only one of the two people, assuming a person-to-person, on the phone call have to know they are getting recorded.

OneLifeOnly

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2011
i just tried this app and it said to restart springboard and now im frozen, it keeps showing lock screen and then goes back to loading screen, can anybody help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.