Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

randomerratum

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
Hi,
My App library is extensive and has gone through a number of spring cleanings.. recently, with my new iPhone 4, I'm remembering apps that for whatever reason, I don't have anymore and wanting to try them out on my new, speedier iPhone 4.

I can find them in iTunes, but I'm prompted to buy them again, and confirm the purchase before it says "You've already purchased this, download for free?"

Why can't I (or can I?) just view my iTunes purchase history? I've held off on re-downloading a couple apps that I suspect could actually be sequels or "pro" versions of apps that I have already bought. Is there a purchase history somewhere I can pull up that I'm missing?

Project-79

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2008
Canada
There are two ways:

1. Look through all of your e-mails (Apple sends e-mails after each app download, even if they are free.)

or

2. iTunes -> your account (top right in iTunes Store) -> Account -> Purchase History (middle of the page)

Hope that helps!

arod757

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2009
Easiest way I've found to tell if I've purchased an app is to try to post a review. If you're allowed to post the review, you've already purchased the app. If not, the store will prompt you that you need to purchase the app before posting a review.

Block

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2007
There are two ways:

1. Look through all of your e-mails (Apple sends e-mails after each app download, even if they are free.)

or

2. iTunes -> your account (top right in iTunes Store) -> Account -> Purchase History (middle of the page)

Hope that helps!

Yes its at the top right hand corner.

Jare

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2010
Canada
I was wondering this too if there was a "complete" list of purchased apps. I change emails a lot so I don't really have a full record of emails.

I forgot about some of the apps I paid for/etc after doing some spring cleaning and would like to take a look.

ddoolin

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
Charlotte, NC
The apps I bought during my time with my 3GS are gone. Completely not showing up on my iTunes account. Is there any way to get them back or are they stuck to a particular phone...?

Project-79

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2008
Canada
The apps I bought during my time with my 3GS are gone. Completely not showing up on my iTunes account. Is there any way to get them back or are they stuck to a particular phone...?

No, none of the apps are only for a particular device. Did you set up a new account when you purchased the iPhone 4, or is it the same account?

ddoolin

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
Charlotte, NC
No, none of the apps are only for a particular device. Did you set up a new account when you purchased the iPhone 4, or is it the same account?

I don't even have an iPhone anymore. I'm planning on getting the iP4 but I don't wanna re-buy all those apps. That's probably like $150+ or so in apps.

My purchase history shows all the app payments. Do I just go back and re-download them for free instead of paying? Because I re-installed my OS and all, but I figured I'd have a visual record in my Apps tab or something.

EDIT: Nvm, I can just re-download them for free. Woot. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.