Record Phone Call on my Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by doubledee, Nov 10, 2013.

1. doubledee macrumors 6502

doubledee

Is there a reasonably easy way to be able to record a Phone Conversation on my old MacBook?

In the old days, you would just buy a Cable Converter/Switch at Radio Shack for like $15, plug the Phone Line into one jack of said device, and plug a cable from said device into a cassette recorder, and you could record any Phone Conversation with great ease.

It seems to me that if I could just replace the Cassette Recorder with my MacBook - which has Audacity on it - that the same set-up would work?

Any suggestions?

Sincerely,

Debbie

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

What kind of phone call? A SIP phone, an ISP phone or an old land line phone? What country are you in because local laws may prevent taping is not consent (from the other party is given).

3. doubledee thread starter macrumors 6502

doubledee

This would be on a Land-Line phone. More specifically, a "wireless" phone which has a wired base unit.

I am in the U.S.

This is regarding a legal matter involving Law Enforcement.

My plan was to announce at the beginning of the call, "This conversation is being recorded..."

So, back to the "technical" aspect of things...

Is there a way to hook up the Wired-Base of the Wireless/Cordless Phone to my MacBook and record the phone conversation using Audacity??

Sincerely,

Debbie

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

Look for a handset that has a plug for headset and use that for input.