Record phone call?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TinyHulk, Jan 6, 2009.

1. TinyHulk macrumors member

I don't have an iPone but I was wondering if it is possible to record the conversation you have on your iPhone? That would be a nice feature for me since i'm a lawyer. :)

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Then can you tell me if that's legal? I was under the impression that it was illegal to record a phone call without the other party being explicitly told.

3. Acronym macrumors 68000

download italk its a voice recording appliaction, and i am pretty sure it will record conversations provided your on speaker phone

this website seems to have information on recording calls and laws

http://communications-media.lawyers.com/privacy-law/Recording-Telephone-Calls-and-Wiretapping.html

4. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

so just tell the other person.

5. patdesignsinc macrumors regular

patdesignsinc

It's perfectly legal if the other party consents to it. That's how we do it, in the "legal field"

Joe: Hi, this is Joe Blow and I'm on the phone with Jane Blow. Jane, you are aware that I'm recording this conversation?

Jane: Yes

Joe: And I have your permission to do so?

Jane: Yes

6. island macrumors 6502

island

I personally tried downloading a recorder app from the store and launching it during a call but it wouldn't work. Also I tried running the app in the background using a jailbreak hack and that also didn't work.

If anyone has ideas, that would be great. ;)

7. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Yes, about half the states require both parties to know.

It's legal if one party knows about it, in the other half the states. But the recording person must be one of the parties in the conversation.

In some states, it's legal if neither caller knows about it. That is, you can blanket record all calls on your phone line even if you're not one of the parties at the time.

Usually, recording employee conversations on a company phone is perfectly legal as well. Same goes for using GPS in company vehicles to watch where people go, or to watch over your children.

8. iphonesails macrumors newbie

iphone recording voice conversations

It is legal in some states to record phone conversations as long as one person knows the conversation is being recorded. For example I can record myself with others that don't know it's being recorded but here in TX it's illegal for me to record you two talking if neither of you know about it. So, it's legal in some states as long as one person knows about it and I need the ability too. I found a link that the person said they had hacked to get it to work but following the link I never found how to get their code to do it. Can anyone find a device or app or code to do it?

9. countrydweller macrumors 6502

countrydweller

Get google voice, it allows you to record calls.

10. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

Send me an invite :p

11. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

recorder can do it by you have to purchase minutes through them. I have never used it though.

12. sam011989 macrumors regular

i agree. google voice is the easiest solution; unfortunately it can only record incoming calls.

13. CallRec.me macrumors newbie

CallRec.me app can record both incoming and outgoing calls on an iPhone.
    http://callrec.me