Record Setting - Mac OSX running 200 apps at once

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Consultant, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

http://i.gizmodo.com/5145145/mac-os-x-running-200-apps-keeps-the-race-going

New record for having too much time. =p
    I think someone should try this with a mac pro with max out RAM...
    I don't even have 200 apps installed.

Attached Files:

2. markfc macrumors 6502a

markfc

Woop-De-Doo Basil, BeOS could do this 10 years ago on a lot less hardware!

:)

3. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

that's because Macs don't come with bloatware/crapware/uneeded software that PCs come with;)

4. Cudadown macrumors regular

Yea.. all those 10 year old apps with their 15 lines of code. How did they video chat work back then with all those open?

5. Wheaty macrumors regular

Wheaty

Very Impressive! One of the resons why I'm looking forward to buying a Mac.

As For BeOS... It used to be my Main OS. I still boot into it occationally just for fun. Saying it had 15 lines of code is true in a way.. but what is wrong with that if it get the job done?

To get CDDB music lookup to work on windows at the ime, it was very slow, chunky applications. For BeOS I dropped in a 27Kb file in the correct place. restarted the Media Server, and all worked in about 30 seconds -in ANY audio application. I used rip to mp3 two CD's at a time, while listening to a track, writing my web pages and running the multi screens so I could check they all worked out in different resolutions.. good old 640x480 was still fairly common back then! All this on an 200MHz Athalon with 128Mb ram

So..I loved BeOS, If it was still going I would probably be using it now.. And its the ease of using BeOS that makes me impressed by OSX and I cant wait to say good bye this windows box and get a mini.. that just works!

I'm not a computer geek any more, I just want to switch on and go!