Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
I'm new to Logic Express (only got it a few hours ago) and I can't work out how to make audio slow down like a record being switched off without lifting the stylus. I have audio crackle going throughout a project, and at the end, rather than have it end normally, I want to make it slow down like a record over the course of about 2 seconds. Can I do this, and how?

Thanks for the help!

Alex

PreacherKane

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2006
London, England
Hello Killyp. I was listening to your band on MySpace. Very nice
Anyway, the way to slow down or speed up the audio is to open the View button then hit Global Tracks. Another window appears with a timeline and you can click-drag down to slow the tempo down or click-drag up to speed it up.
Logic Express is a big step up from GB. Have fun and enjoy youself.

Support Your Local Musician on MacRumors.com:apple: :cool:

Plumbstone

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2007
If you do the global tempo the track will slow down, but all that will happen is your crackle (if played by a MIDI note) will take ages to stop or (if audio) no change at all. One way of simulating a record stop is to stick a sample of your crackle in a sampler (exs24 for instance) and set the pitch range to maximum. then just use your pitch bend to "slow" it down, if you really want to go for it you can even re bounce that and do it again!

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
Thanks for the answers! I could never do this in Cubase, but I heard Logic was much more powerful (and it's proven to be so far). :)

scottlinux

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2005
Yes I love Logic. It's not perfect- it has its bugs. But it's years ahead of the other programs out there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.