Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HudsonsHalfHour

macrumors member
Original poster
May 19, 2009
Is there a way to record Hi-Def streams to your mac’s HD from the latest version of Sling Player running under windows on Parallels?

zachsilvey

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2008
Battle Ground
The easy answer is the stream is copy protected which means that the only feasible way to capture it would be screen capture. Unless the is a exploit in the sling software that I don't know about.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
The easy answer is the stream is copy protected which means that the only feasible way to capture it would be screen capture. Unless the is a exploit in the sling software that I don't know about.

There is an exploit, since i have software on Windows that can capture it (it's made by the company that makes Replay A/V, but I can't remember the name of the producT).

HudsonsHalfHour

macrumors member
Original poster
May 19, 2009
How do you watch sling streams. Is it in the browser through flash or a special app made by sling.

through the sling player software for windows, run on a mac. there is some paid app out there that supports older versions of sling boxes, but I wanted to record the HD stream coming from my Tivo, thru the sling box, instead of hooking up an HD-PVR (component cables aren't long enough to reach my mac).

Is there an elagent way to stream tivo hd recordings over wi-fi yet, apart from the roxio software?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.