Record video from SlingPlayer

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HudsonsHalfHour, Dec 3, 2009.

1. HudsonsHalfHour macrumors member

Is there a way to record Hi-Def streams to your mac’s HD from the latest version of Sling Player running under windows on Parallels?

2. zachsilvey macrumors 6502

How do you watch sling streams. Is it in the browser through flash or a special app made by sling.

3. cmaier macrumors G3

4. zachsilvey macrumors 6502

The easy answer is the stream is copy protected which means that the only feasible way to capture it would be screen capture. Unless the is a exploit in the sling software that I don't know about.

5. cmaier macrumors G3

There is an exploit, since i have software on Windows that can capture it (it's made by the company that makes Replay A/V, but I can't remember the name of the producT).

6. HudsonsHalfHour thread starter macrumors member

through the sling player software for windows, run on a mac. there is some paid app out there that supports older versions of sling boxes, but I wanted to record the HD stream coming from my Tivo, thru the sling box, instead of hooking up an HD-PVR (component cables aren't long enough to reach my mac).

Is there an elagent way to stream tivo hd recordings over wi-fi yet, apart from the roxio software?