Record

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by james-thescalie, May 12, 2009.

1. james-thescalie macrumors member

Just had a cheeky swatch on the Propeller Head site. Anyone else excited about their new software 'record'? I am a bit, it looks good and I'm reason freak anyway haha.

sorry if this has already been posted I did search

2. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

what's a cheeky swatch?

eh, another DAW, I'm doing just fine with Protools and using reason as a plugin (rewire).

3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....I might give it a go once I've heard how the beta testing goes and see what the word is. I think it is a very nice looking package at the moment though, especially for Reason users....oh yeah!

4. joe.cavers macrumors regular

I agree with Drumjim85, meh, another DAW. Ridiculously, I have PT, Logic AND Ableton, I can't imagine Record doing anything those 3 can't. Still, bet it's a good program, Reason is an absolute machine!

JC

P.S. Drumjim85, a cheeky swatch is a look. For example, if a new shop opened, you could go and take a cheeky swatch inside :)

5. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

British rhyming slang, I presume?

6. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

Only if you're a cliqued cockney character in a Mary Poppins :D

7. joe.cavers macrumors regular

Ahh not necessarily, we say it all the way up here in Scotland too ;)

JC

8. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

slightly Off Topic but...

Everytime I read something like that it makes me think of Rob Newman's impression of blur,

"oh bleeding blimey govnor, have a cup of tea... Flipping 'ek, parklife, drive a capri... I come from the home counties but I try sound cockneeee..."

I hate that David Baddiel for leeching a career in comedy of Rob Newman and Frank Skinner. He was still recycling jokes from the Mary Whitehouse experience over a decade later with his "unplanned" shows... What a twunt.

9. bartelby macrumors Core

On Topic:
    I'm waiting for a link from Propellerheads for access to the beta. Looks good.

Off Topic:
    barkmonster: I agree with you about Baddiel
    :)

10. james-thescalie thread starter macrumors member

Dunno about rhyming slang but yeah I'm Scottish. I'm just wondering how it will integrate with Reason, like will it be like Rewired or if they will have a cool little way to have seperate instruments tracks open to thor etc.

Yeah at the mo I use protools and a bit of logic :)